Lets answer the question Which suspension upgrade is right for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open answer/opinions wanted!

I have a 13' SCAB.

There is a set of Eibachs and ICONS with hardware, new OEM shackles and extended SS brake lines sitting in my garage for nearly 2 years now. Im attempting to decide my next course of action. Also, I'm certain that the OEM leafs have never been replaced at this point (truck has 178k mi).

My original goals for the truck were to do a mild build. Then take it on some offroad adventures and eventually on a trip down south to do a TRR event or Baja run one day. However, with the loss of my secondary vehicle the truck became my DD. So, the main priority is to keep it on the road (maintain the reliability and comfort to a degree) with a possibility of the previous dreams still intact.

What I recall from past research is that the front lift springs can cause my axle boots to tear frequently, resulting in replacement and goes against my desire for reliability. Is this a confirmed prevalent issue with Eibachs or the Geisers? There did not seem to be a consensus on this when I researched it in the past.

If I used the ICON's with stock shackles (FOMOCO OEM replacements), it will lift the rear of the truck further and would look ridiculous if I did not install the Eibachs. So this isn't really an option either.

So that brings me to 3rd option, install a drop shackle to maintain OEM height in the rear and keep the front spring setup. How will the truck ride with just the rear Icons in place? What other benefits can I see by upgrading the rear leafs? (This might sound like a foolish question, because it is and I had more money than sense at that time of purchase lol)

Or in the end, I could just sell the Eibachs/Icons and just opt for an OEM spring setup and not mess with anything. It pains me a bit to have $3000 worth of new parts sitting around not being used, so just looking for ya'll thoughts on a path forward.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my deavers have extra leaves, they’re probably equivalent to +5 hd, personally I think the compression travel, distance between the bump strike and pad is important, fwiw I flattened +4s and twisted a bump kit so now I have 5” between bump and pad, 7 1/2” up travel and I use all the bump can travel less 3/8”

FWR

Reaction score
my deavers have extra leaves, they’re probably equivalent to +5 hd, personally I think the compression travel, distance between the bump strike and pad is important, fwiw I flattened +4s and twisted a bump kit so now I have 5” between bump and pad, 7 1/2” up travel and I use all the bump can travel less 3/8”
Is it leveled or there is a slight rake?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My needs are pretty unique. My main goal is to increase the perceived length of my man unit when I am cruising the high school college campuses. I already have the 22's and neon underglow kit but it's not enough. What would you suggest for me?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My needs are pretty unique. My main goal is to increase the perceived length of my man unit when I am cruising the high school college grade school campuses . I already have the 22's and neon underglow kit but it's not enough. What would you suggest for me?
FTFY :)