ecoraptor conversion, just installed full RPG front suspension, now I have steering i

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoursmiledoc

Reaction score
I am previously the owner of a 2011 Raptor crew. I decided to build an ecoboost raptor. I bought a 2012 FX4 crew in silver, the same color as my old raptor. I bought RPG's complete front end. ( UCA,LCA,tie rods) and some raptor take off shocks. I had all of that installed last week. Of course the turning radius was cut down to 18 degrees in each direction on my "Off Road truck app". I searched online and called RPG. After grinding the bumps on the lower arms I am able to get 24-25 degrees in each direction. This still seems like much less than stock. When I look under there it looks like the tire will rub the UCA if it turns any sharper.

Here are my questions:

1. How sharp does your stock raptor turn in degrees?

2. Has anyone swapped the RPG UCA's alone and still kept the turning radius?

3. I have the electric rack. Does anyone know if perhaps it does not have as much throw as the hydraulic rack? Since the spindles are the same as before, it seems like it should steer the same.

I am still running the FX4 wheels so the tires rubbing the UCA may be a backspacing issue.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have the 1.5" UCA's and the stock tures with an offset of 18 or greater you'll rub with any tire that's 13.5" or wider that's why we offer a 1" UCA's as well for those that want to run the stock wheels or for those who run a wheel like methods that have a 0 offset they can run the 1.5" with no issues.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many complete turns you get to each side from a centerline?
I just installed 2 days ago my complete RPG front End and also Lose alot of sterring turning radius.

OP
OP
Y

yoursmiledoc

Reaction score
I only had two turns, then I ground off the turning stops and now I have between 2 and 2.5 turns. On my "truck APP" it says I am getting 24 degrees to the left and 26 to the right. I just don't know what I should have. Can someone please jump in their Raptor and turn lock to lock to see how many degrees it turns in each direction?

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also Grinded the Steering Stops and now I am getting 27° to the right and 28° to the Left, it's alot better than what the RPG originally came with. I am still lacking in turning radius compared to stock LCA, I might grind off a little more to get better turning.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I know that having a secondary shock will reduce our turning radius. I don't have a secondary shock even though my LCAs are ready for them. I do have the 3.0s all around. Maybe RPG made the steering stop a little bigger than OEM to protect the steering Rack when doing heavy offroading.
Now that I have my complete RPG suspension, up front I fill tge steering much stiffer than OEM due to the high grade of the components they use. Me and my buddy who helped out doing the install were amazed of the quality of the products and the little to none tolerances they work with.