Drive modes not available error message. Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gen3raaaptor

Reaction score
as @HighwaySentinel mentioned, check your wires. i had been dealing withh the same issue for 7-8 MONTHS, dealership was never able to solved it. i just checked mine, and one was rubbing!!! I'm going tomorrow to call them out. Left picture is how it should be, right is the one that came loosed and was tripping the wires!!! thank you brother!

Attachments

• IMG-6803 (1).jpg
    IMG-6803 (1).jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-6801.jpg
    IMG-6801.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 28

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can look in the truck after these calls I am on. The basics was that I had to take it in when the drive mode fault was present. Then they diagnosed it to identify the shock solenoid issue (I told them where to look based on feedback here, they confirmed). For the OTA issue, all the service advisor said was that the updates started coming in after they replaced the module.
If you are able to send it to me too that would be SO appreciated. Been in twice for this happening, they identified loss of connection with front passenger, and have simply reprogrammed it both times. Hasn’t happened again, but I’m expecting it to and would love evidence to press them into just replacing the solenoid.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I'll add that when it had rubbed raw and was just hanging freely, it would give the fault. I zip tied it up away from where it rubbed and then had no fault. I cut the zip tie off before going to the dealer though. It faulted immediately.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went and checked everything with forscan. One of my ride height sensors was off despite doing a ride height recal not too long ago so i did another. here is the fault that is stored re: losing drive modes
View attachment 399827
@FordTechOne bumping this thread as my truck has started acting up again a couple of months after a vdm replacement. Had full stuff suspension and got this code again (u2009:9e-08). Is there a tsb for this? I plan to take it back to the dealer again, but I’ve found coming in with some guidance in addition to a code logged to actually get me help.

I did a ride height recal and vdm reset when this code initially popped up a week ago and that calmed things down. But I swapped drive modes on my drive yesterday and when I went to drive it today the ride is stiff and bouncy again

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 6

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne bumping this thread as my truck has started acting up again a couple of months after a vdm replacement. Had full stuff suspension and got this code again (u2009:9e-08). Is there a tsb for this? I plan to take it back to the dealer again, but I’ve found coming in with some guidance in addition to a code logged to actually get me help.

I did a ride height recal and vdm reset when this code initially popped up a week ago and that calmed things down. But I swapped drive modes on my drive yesterday and when I went to drive it today the ride is stiff and bouncy again
No service bulletins for that DTC, but it indicates the All Terrain Control Module (ATCM) optical sensor is damaged. It will need to be replaced.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No service bulletins for that DTC, but it indicates the All Terrain Control Module (ATCM) optical sensor is damaged. It will need to be replaced.
My dealer has a new ATCM on order and they did an update for the ABS code i had. Truck went full stiff again today on the highway and now the only code i have is U0415:00-28 Invalid data received from ABS system control module A. Could issues with my ABS system possibly be creating the suspension issues I'm encountering? What's the deal with that code. Thanks again (and in advance) for your help here.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine went again for the 5th time. dealer has parts coming. not sure if they really know the cause

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer has a new ATCM on order and they did an update for the ABS code i had. Truck went full stiff again today on the highway and now the only code i have is U0415:00-28 Invalid data received from ABS system control module A. Could issues with my ABS system possibly be creating the suspension issues I'm encountering? What's the deal with that code. Thanks again (and in advance) for your help here.
That’s a common DTC that can set due to network traffic. Not something to diagnose. The new ATCM should take care of the issue.