Do Better Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl291

Reaction score
Not sure Ford could have worse QC at this point.

1st Raptor 2023 35- shock clunk and live exhaust didn’t work. Ultimately traded in due to the issues. Later TSB’s were issued.

2nd Raptor 2023 35”- One headlight didn’t work for a year. 3 dealers 6 headlight modules-pulled over multiple times by police. Side view mirror stayed dim. AC fan in seat stopped working

3rd Raptor R 2024- CURRENTLY BEING BOUGHT BACK, check engine light came on during the ride home from the dealer. 2 dealers 5 trips no resolution. Vehicle has been at the dealer more then Ive had it in my possession. Most recent update Ford engineer told them to compare to a similar vehicle which the dealer obviously doesn’t have. Sent home from the dealer with a key that didn’t work…left stranded with both kiddos. Fob had to replaced.

Currently on the way to Utah for the Raptor Assault but no vehicle to come home to.

They are very capable and unique vehicles but come on ford 3 times in a row with terrible QC two of the three raptors were not drivable. Not one call from anyone at ford.

I waited over a year for the R allocation.

Nothing really comparable to replace the vehicle with but I dunno if it’s worth risking it for another go around.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know you’re disappointed and angry but no need for a duplicate post

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shock clunk and exhaust valve made the first truck undriveable?

If you had waited for TSB remedy you'd be driving a perfectly fine vehicle, and saved yourself from the following two experiences. Still sucks, but you seem to be speaking somewhat hyperbolic.

ZuluFox

Reaction score
Just curious what they told you re: the check engine light on your R? Mine threw one at 800 miles and they had it for a week, thought it was a bad PCV hose (which it wasn't), did a bunch of tests, finally said it was bad fuel.

Monkish1

Reaction score
Thats a bummer but based on my experience QC has taken a step back. The build quality of both my Gen 1s 2010 & 2013 was excellent. Ford's recommendation for my never ending TPMS lights are just to turn the inverter off so none of the cab 110 plugs work. December 2023 build as TSB came out in Aug 23. Why haven't they fixed it at the factory. Guess they feel its better to just let the customer deal with it. Back seat when down in sitting position the two halves don't line up (i.e. the two person bench is higher than the single seat bench). Chinese reversed engineered comparing to a 2024 and saw it looked the same. Oh and drivers side door when closed sits proud of cab (nothing to be done). WTF happened to Ford? Rant over. Thanks, I feel better.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a bummer but based on my experience QC has taken a step back. The build quality of both my Gen 1s 2010 & 2013 was excellent. Ford's recommendation for my never ending TPMS lights are just to turn the inverter off so none of the cab 110 plugs work. December 2023 build as TSB came out in Aug 23. Why haven't they fixed it at the factory. Guess they feel its better to just let the customer deal with it. Back seat when down in sitting position the two halves don't line up (i.e. the two person bench is higher than the single seat bench). Chinese reversed engineered comparing to a 2024 and saw it looked the same. Oh and drivers side door when closed sits proud of cab (nothing to be done). WTF happened to Ford? Rant over. Thanks, I feel better.
They want twice as much for them now too. Where'd the additional $45K go Ford?

OP
OP
jpl291

jpl291

Reaction score
Shock clunk and exhaust valve made the first truck undriveable?

If you had waited for TSB remedy you'd be driving a perfectly fine vehicle, and saved yourself from the following two experiences. Still sucks, but you seem to be speaking somewhat
Who said the shock clunk and exhaust valve made the vehicle unable to be driven ?

I said two of the three.

One didn’t have a headlight..yes you can drive it but doesn’t pass inspection. The second had an issue with the computer and the crankshaft. I was advised you can drive at your own risk. I have two children under two.

And yes when I pay 80 or a 120k for a vehicle I don’t expect it to sound like the shocks are blown out and stuck in one exhaust mode. I work hard for my money.