Do Better Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumping my wife's Edge ST today(been in the shop 7 out of the past 9 months). Having issues is one thing, but the way Ford has handled or rather not handled our issues is disappointing. Luckily our 21' Raptor has been pretty solid with around 54K miles on it, but it will be our last Ford purchase for the foreseeable future. We're a Ford family having owned a bunch of Fords too. Dad was a senior master Ford tech. I could only imagine what he'd have to say if he were still with us.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumping my wife's Edge ST today(been in the shop 7 out of the past 9 months). Having issues is one thing, but the way Ford has handled or rather not handled our issues is disappointing. Luckily our 21' Raptor has been pretty solid with around 54K miles on it, but it will be our last Ford purchase for the foreseeable future. We're a Ford family having owned a bunch of Fords too. Dad was a senior master Ford tech. I could only imagine what he'd have to say if he were still with us.
What are you getting instead of the Edge?

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats sucks my 22 35" truck bought brand new off the floor had shock clunk Ford replaced all 4 never had another issue with the truck. Traded back in May for a 24R watch it come right off the truck delivered to me not one single issue 2500 miles on her. These are mass produced so it a 50/50 shot if you get a problematic truck or not.

TRX have issues too lots of Youtube videos on the problems with thoses trucks too. I would request a new R if the issues can't be resolved this is not a cheap truck to purchase my dealership treated me very well with the purchase of both my Raptors especially when it came to service. R had some minor shipping damage that was taking care of quickly.

Following this post.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even in the boat market people are complaining about the, as I call it, covid quality construction of new vehicles..... Where does one go among the car manufacturers to get a quality built vehicle.... I think it's a crapshoot.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not just Ford. We bought my wife a new Jeep Grand Cherokee L back in January. Had it until 7/31 and it was in the shop over 50% of the time for several issues. Moisture in tail lights, panoramic sunroof glass that didn't line up (had to replace sunroof) and then a draw on the battery they couldn't track down.

FCA did right and cut us a check and gave us an employee discount to offset the depreciation and get us in a new one, but it took several months to get there. The new one has been much better quality than the first.

This is our 8th Jeep and with the exception of the one we bought in January, they'd all been issue free.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
These are mass produced so it a 50/50 shot if you get a problematic truck or not.
it’s closer to 95/5 you get a good truck vs. a problem child. At 50/50, Ford would be bankrupt. Everyone complains when something goes wrong, but nobody comes to FRF to brag on how great there truck was today, started right up, got us where we wanted to go with no drama.

-Unless there’s PPF involved, then it’s a brand new “hey look at me” thread. :p

Look, these problems absolutely suck and when you are the one with the problems, the failure rate is 100% because it happened to you. We do empathize, but it’s really not all doom and gloom. Go back and look at the Pre-china-virus era posts and see what folks were complaining about. There will be a lot of commonality.