DIY Flag pole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
wonder if it's a 80 mph flag?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

I'm going to paint the pole black yet will that be ok? or should it be silver or white?

Neither Joe or I could remember any specific flag etiquette on pole color, I tried searching and still didn't find anything. I remember my high-school had a black pole. I think it will be fine... And it looks great! Good Job:patriot:

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it don't matter just thought I'd ask being a lot of military on frf. I think black would look good.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREAT IDEA! I like it! As for the pole color, you can find basic rules and links to the actual "laws" on the books below. There is no specific prevision for the color of the pole being used. The general spirit of the laws concerning the treatment and display of the flag are designed to ensure that proper respect is shown. But there are also no real penalties for not doing so, to provide actual penalties would be against the First amendment right to free speech.

Pasted from the link below:
While the Code empowers the President of the United States to alter, modify, repeal or prescribe additional rules regarding the Flag, no federal agency has the authority to issue 'official' rulings legally binding on civilians or civilian groups. Consequently, different interpretations of various provisions of the Code may continue to be made. The Flag Code may be fairly tested: 'No disrespect should be shown to the Flag of the United States of America.' Therefore, actions not specifically included in the Code may be deemed acceptable as long as proper respect is shown.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I knew someone would know. I was getting at proper edict that is what I would like to paint the pole.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I as an American want to at least show the proper respect for the flag. If men are willing to die for what the flag stands for, I as a citizen of the United Stats Of America can at least do my best at proper respect, to the Flag and the men that are and did fight for freedom. God Bless America!

XTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i as an american want to at least show the proper respect for the flag. If men are willing to die for what the flag stands for, i as a citizen of the united stats of america can at least do my best at proper respect, to the flag and the men that are and did fight for freedom. God bless america!

amen brother!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson, Very cool.

I did a google search for "reciever hitch flag pole". There surprisingly a ton of options out there. I guess a lot of college football fans like to show their support to and from games. Some of the poles, online, are powder coated black. I don't think color is an issue. I do respect the fact that you thought to ask though.

Again, Very cool.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree ^^^. It is SO sad and aggravates me to no end when I see people disrespect the flag. Shoot, around here the government offices and schools don't even take the flag down in the rain, etc. Few things REALLY **** me off, but the excuses I received from the principle at my daughter's elementary school for not taking it down daily REALLY pissed me off. I even offered to buy them a brand new flag because the one outside her school was almost black with mildew. When I was in elementary school, I looked forward to being able to be on flag duty taking it down and putting it back up. No wonder so many of today's youth have no real respect for the flag, our country or those in uniform fighting to keep us FREE.

My hat goes off to you in salute for your patriotic mod as well as your attention to detail when showing respect for the flag.