Decision to Make Gen 2 or Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Easyrider470

Reaction score
ok so the consensus is Gen 3 rides better and has more tech. I get that...i sure do think they are nice. I am trying to sell myself on the Gen 2 being a good choice, maybe not the best choice, in terms of tech and rear suspansion, but it's a Raptor right? Its got awesome suspension and a great engine and this particular one has tons of life ahead of it with such low miles.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
This isn’t hard, The Gen3 is a better truck, if you are worried about money then get the Gen2. It’s your money and your truck, so make the choice you like. It seems like you keep circling to the Gen2 so go get it. But Who cares what rando’s on the internet say. What will make YOU happy and what can YOU live with?

OP
OP
E

Easyrider470

Reaction score
This isn’t hard, The Gen3 is a better truck, if you are worried about money then get the Gen2. It’s your money and your truck, so make the choice you like. It seems like you keep circling to the Gen2 so go get it. But Who cares what rando’s on the internet say. What will make YOU happy and what can YOU live with?
Motivational...I am not worried about the $ i am super focused on the best truck for the money. I hope that makes sense. Pros to a cheaper investment in a barely used truck. Cons to that truck having known phaser issues throughout its life.
So i am using the $75K number for a purchase price on a nice gently used 21-23 truck and $62K for the gently used Gen 2 truck. That gap of $13K gets the Gen 2 tricked out the way I want it right off the bat. The Gen 3 would stay as is....hope that makes sense.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright that's true...I do love driving this beast. Maybe in a few years I'll pull the trigger on a Gen 3 when I've had my fun with my current one.

Thanks for the support @Frogger22