Headed to Baja with EXO in my 22 (35” tires) which suspension MODS are needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down in Baja 2-3 times a month and always run into those guys on surf trips. Maybe we can start to create a list of parts that you have seen break so that we can keep them onboard as spares. All I have right now is a spark plug and coil. With my jeep that had 240K miles on it (many of them Baja) I had every spare part imaginable collected over the years.

I'll add wheel speed sensors to my list. Anything else you see please let us know.
I'm no expert but here is what I've seen in addition to the speed sensors:

spare tie rods should be on the list. You hit a deep water rut at speed and those are the first thing to bend/break. This has happened to me but I didn't realize it was bent till I got back on the pavement.

Exo recommends that if you run aftermarket front coils you install limiter straps as the coils put too much force on components as they rebound. They have a youtube video that explains the situation. Its happened often enough that they put out a warning....

Critical thing is to check suspension and exhaust bolts before you go. That's where most of the issues come from. 1,000 to 1,500 miles of offroading can shake a lot of things loose if not torqued to spec. We came up on a full exhaust laying in the middle of the trail one time. the driver didn't even know it had fallen off...haha