GEN 2 Dealer statement about inventory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was talking to a dealer today about their allocations; they got 5 and have one left to order. They told me that those 5 are ALL the 2017 Raptors they will get. In other words no more until the 2018 model. Is this true, or a sales pitch?

Also, this is my first post so be gentle. Long time listener first time caller.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the madness.

There is no definitive answer to your question, other than that may or may not definitely be the answer or not

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was talking to a dealer today about their allocations; they got 5 and have one left to order. They told me that those 5 are ALL the 2017 Raptors they will get. In other words no more until the 2018 model. Is this true, or a sales pitch?

Also, this is my first post so be gentle. Long time listener first time caller.

Yes this is the truth, the dealer I am working with has an allocation of 15 for the entire '17 model year. The allocation is based on sales of F150's and other stuff that is proprietary to Ford. Smaller dealers get fewer allocations. Allocations can have a customer attached or be ordered for their lot without a customer attached.

Customer attached or not, they are getting 5 vehicles to sell. There are likely dealer swaps going on in the background for those dealerships who have allocation but no customer orders.

Last edited:

kenramp

Reaction score
It is true, but not just for the Raptor but for the entire SVT line. Most dealers are upfront if you ask them what their allocation is.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is true, but not just for the Raptor but for the entire SVT line. Most dealers are upfront if you ask them what their allocation is.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Isn't SVT dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sales pitch

Why do you even bother to respond when it is obvious you don't know what you are talking about?

well the exclusivity with the raptor is gone. it has been stated that everyone who wants a new raptor will be able to get one. now i can see an allocation set for the first few they make, but unless ford goes back on their word, there shouldnt be any cap on trucks. nobody but ford knows what their production numbers will be, but seeing that ford is marketing the truck overseas, im guessing they are going to be making a bucketload of these trucks. i dont see any reason for them to limit dealers after the first wave has gone out. wait times however..... thats a different story

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
doesnt it seem likely that allocation will get first dibs and built first, then after those orders are filled (or maybe after a certain time limit has passed) that Ford will open up the production to ALL who want to order.

Why would Ford limit production? This isnt a SVT vehicle anymore. I think Ford is keeping quiet for now as to pump up early demand. But will eventually open the floodgates.

Of course, I could also have no idea what Im talking about.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are going to pull that, it also means absurd dealer mark ups are here to stay and possibly grow. And sadly that means I will be shopping for a different truck. Sorry, not paying 80K. Just build the damn things, you know demand is there....wonder if they underestimated demand and lack enough of some components now?

In other news my local dealer called saying they have 3 allocations to sell, and of course at 10K over MSRP. I said I will fly out of state to get one.