GEN 2 Dealer statement about inventory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We've been told ever since day one by our Ford rep that the allocation we were given up front is for the entire 2017 build year. I've asked our rep several times since we've started ordering trucks and have still been told there is no more allocation available.

This was the same way the 2016 and 2017 GT350's and Focus RS's were handled.

So I highly doubt for 2017 any dealer will get additional allocation.

Yes I agree it doesn't sound right since Ford has been saying they'll build trucks for the demand. Maybe the plan will be different for the 18' build but that's not the case for the 17's.

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what people are not getting. "Everyone who wants one will be able to get one" still falls in line with allocations. They just may have anticipated demand wrong. If they think the demand will be for 20,000 Raptors, they allocate for that. If the 20,001 person trys to buy one it's just "Sorry we didn't anticipate demand to be this high please stay tuned for 2018 model"

It's funny how people pick and choose what to believe. Everyone on here yells not to believe sales people or marketing. Yet a couple of people at media events meant to drum up demand say "all the raptors for all of america" and everyone thinks they are producing enough for every man, women and child in america.

Everyone that is actually ordering one is hearing the same thing. Allocations are it for the year. The only people saying otherwise are people who are not actually buying.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to my dealer today and he said they got 2 additional allocations. When I ordered, I was 8 of 9 and all were sold, but today he says they got 2 more. I have no reason to doubt him but I do see most people here saying there are not additional allocations for 17 model. It's possible 2 of orders dropped off (not sure why as all their deals were at MSRP), but that would be good news for my priority ;).

Also, I mentioned elseware that if you want my salesman's contact info for a MSRP deal in SE MI, PM me.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
doesnt it seem likely that allocation will get first dibs and built first, then after those orders are filled (or maybe after a certain time limit has passed) that Ford will open up the production to ALL who want to order.

Why would Ford limit production? This isnt a SVT vehicle anymore. I think Ford is keeping quiet for now as to pump up early demand. But will eventually open the floodgates.

Of course, I could also have no idea what Im talking about.

Ford Performance = Renamed SVT, same guys reorganized and renamed with most of the same leadership.

Not too difficult to follow.

Last edited:

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Performance = Renamed SVT, same guys reorganized and renamed with most of the same leadership.

Not too difficult to follow.

Seriously. People are having way to hard of a time with this and its disappointing that veteran members troll with "unlimited" production.,

Ford Performance is making the Ford GT. Since the 2017 Ford GT is not longer an SVT model do I get to tell dealers they are wrong that I can't just order one and say "Hey Ford will build this because it's no longer SVT".

Ford Focus RS ran out of models this year and lots of people got pushed out to next year. I don't see anyone over there crying saying "This isn't SVT anymore so Focus RS should be unlimited".

These are all still specialty vehicles and are all limited in production compared to their normal counter parts.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously. People are having way to hard of a time with this and its disappointing that veteran members troll with "unlimited" production.,

Ford Performance is making the Ford GT. Since the 2017 Ford GT is not longer an SVT model do I get to tell dealers they are wrong that I can't just order one and say "Hey Ford will build this because it's no longer SVT".

Ford Focus RS ran out of models this year and lots of people got pushed out to next year. I don't see anyone over there crying saying "This isn't SVT anymore so Focus RS should be unlimited".

These are all still specialty vehicles and are all limited in production compared to their normal counter parts.

All that is true but Ford Performance also makes the Fiesta ST and the Focus ST. Why not just put the Mustang GT in there too?

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that is true but Ford Performance also makes the Fiesta ST and the Focus ST. Why not just put the Mustang GT in there too?

Because they picked up GT350/350R. So that's their mustangs.

Oh and I should add... none of these vehicles are exclusive anymore right because none of them are SVT? I mean I know I just shrug off a 2017 Ford GT since it's any ol' Ford now.

Gen1 guys are hilariously desperate to feel special about being "svt" and "gen1". They'll always have that without making crap up about Ford Performance or Gen2. I think it mostly stems from jealousy of Gen2 actually being unique, where Gen1 is just a built up normal f-150

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh and I should add... none of these vehicles are exclusive anymore right because none of them are SVT? I mean I know I just shrug off a 2017 Ford GT since it's any ol' Ford now.

Gen1 guys are hilariously desperate to feel special about being "svt" and "gen1". They'll always have that without making crap up about Ford Performance or Gen2. I think it mostly stems from jealousy of Gen2 actually being unique, where Gen1 is just a built up normal f-150

the first gen was exclusive because it was a north american vehicle with limited production. all the overseas trucks were imported privately. the fact that ford is marketing the truck for sale overseas now, it has lost some of its exclusivity because they will be producing much larger numbers of the truck. regardless of svt or ford performance, its still a branch of ford that specializes in the higher performance side of vehicles.

your last statement is completely absurd though. what do you think the gen 2 is? is it not a built up f150? if you are going to argue uniqueness, thats not a good way of starting out. and i doubt there is any jealousy amongst the first gen owners. most of us have our reasons for not wanting a gen 2, while some may be a bit outspoken about it than others

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow, stay away from drugs kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk