Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it a few of you guys are in for a surprise. People are paying 20 k over for 37 trucks in Cali and they are now calling all over! Money talks. The truck is not yours until you take delivery. You are playing in there sandbox and they make the rules

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job @gobluejd ! Trick is to finalize the deal ASAP. I paid, in full, as soon as it was produced. Have a sales agreement AND they have all $82k and have had it for 10 days now. I even made sure they went on the Ford.com site and put that the vin was spoken for so the vehicle doesn't even show up if you search for the exact specs and pick them as a favorite dealer.

I suggest others do this same thing otherwise you run the risk of it being sold from under you. Especially in larger market areas.

Just my opinion...

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread magnifies the importance of finding a good dealer and establishing a good relationship. I can understand paying MSRP, but paying ADM is silly. Too many dealers that will sell for MSRP or under if you are willing to look around or use the search function on this forum. Texas is a cheap flight from most of the country and a helluva lot cheaper than paying MSRP or over.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
He said if I owner wants ADM it would be anything more than $5k. He said if it is, I will split with you, so for me worst case it was $2500, but wasn’t sure if he would want the ADM.
How magnanimous of him. Seriously, he’s not splitting anything or giving anything up.

Can buyout lease AT END for $37k and change. At the time the truck was worth about $43k (trade in in June). So it would simply be a wash for me and him making about ~$2k or more on the trade. Remember as long as I walk away I was ok. He agreed. He would buy truck from me and pay off remaining balance. I’d buy the Raptor @ $90k with taxes.
Man, that hurts just reading it.

I agreed I have heard that is what they are going for and he said the owner wants $5k in cash, but said the value of my F150 has gone up and will give me another $2k and if I include my Bak Rolling cover on it, another $500 (2 yrs old and in mint condition). Plus any payments you have to make back before the transaction.
Before your next vehicle purchase, read up on negotiating and practice at some swap meets or something. This is basic human interaction, like when you interview for a job and the interviewer asks you what you expect to make --and-- you’re either not sure or grossly undervalue your service. The interviewer wants to hire at the least amount possible with the most skill for the buck, usually, here the vehicle seller wants to milk you for every dollar possible, and did.
I AM FINE WITH IT AND CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY.
Yeah, I get the lease issue and wanting to be out from under that, so if it suits your needs then that’s really what matters. It does negatively impact every other potential Gen3 buyer though because every purchaser willing to pay over makes it harder for others to find them at MSRP.
This thread magnifies the importance of finding a good dealer and establishing a good relationship. I can understand paying MSRP, but paying ADM is silly. Too many dealers that will sell for MSRP or under if you are willing to look around or use the search function on this forum. Texas is a cheap flight from most of the country and a helluva lot cheaper than paying MSRP or over.

True, but you probably have been following the news and know that Texas is now full and no longer accepting new residents or visitors. All Raptor allocations are being given to undocumented folks from south of the border.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regular f150 covers fit on the raptor?
Long as it's a 5.5foot cover yes. I already confirmed with ford accessories directly there's no change to models or years long as it's the right bed size. They said 17+ will work to as it's the same box technically but they said the 21s are the more updated, better design ect.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with this. Patient and flexible shoppers will do better than the rest. For my part, I wasn’t willing to look too far away from my state. I decided not to look one state beyond mine, just because the road trip is more than I wanted to deal with. But I also realized that my decision would limit my MSRP-only options. I found a dealer in a neighboring state wiling to accept $2,500 ADM, which I am perfectly happy to pay—especially after getting burned by a dealer who promised a 2021 allocation despite not having any left (and at a $5,000 ADM). ADM, as @WestTXRaptor3 said, is silly. But we all have our reasons for paying it (or choosing not to), and I’m good with paying $2,500 even though I obviously would’ve preferred paying $0 over MSRP. Maybe one day I’ll have the relationship I need to set the price at MSRP.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job @gobluejd ! Trick is to finalize the deal ASAP. I paid, in full, as soon as it was produced. Have a sales agreement AND they have all $82k and have had it for 10 days now. I even made sure they went on the Ford.com site and put that the vin was spoken for so the vehicle doesn't even show up if you search for the exact specs and pick them as a favorite dealer.

I suggest others do this same thing otherwise you run the risk of it being sold from under you. Especially in larger market areas.

Just my opinion...
I think the way you did it is the safest way in terms of securing your price.

But if some D-bag drives by and sees your awesome truck sitting on their lot and comes in and offers them 92K, or hell, 102K, they will refund you your 82K and take his 92-102K regardless of the agreement that they have with you. Unfortunately it's not a legally binding contract and as most of us know, even most "contracts" aren't really "contracts."

My father in law sold cars for like 30 years. He's actually a really nice guy, great golfer, awesome to hang out with. He just shakes his head and tells me that it is the way it is...

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just my opinion...
My truck use to show up on Ford's site. I just did a search on Ford's site and my truck does not show up on there. Checked the dealer's site and it does not show up on there either. This makes me feel a little better. I have been in contact with my sales rep there so hopefully they don't pull any fast ones on me and try to bend me over....I am not very flexible.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck use to show up on Ford's site. I just did a search on Ford's site and my truck does not show up on there. Checked the dealer's site and it does not show up on there either. This makes me feel a little better. I have been in contact with my sales rep there so hopefully they don't pull any fast ones on me and try to bend me over....I am not very flexible.
Yes, this is what my dealer did. I called and asked him whats up with it not being searchable and he said uts spoken for by me so they didnt want to entertain inquiries on it when its essentially "sold"