Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I thought 'lucky' comment was in reference to other deals that people are getting, and that he didn't really consider walking away to be much of an option. Obviously, walking away would be the correct negotiation tactic, but that would likely result in losing out on the Raptor for several months.
Yes it was in reference to me considering myself lucky that others are paying much more ADM.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If everyone is honest here (which I extremely doubt is the case), even if they pay ADM I'm sure their ego and pride will have them gallivanting all over this forum telling us how they paid MSRP but actually paid an ADM, but I digress. Nothing against y'all but some of these dealerships are run by some sketchy folks and I'm sure there are a few of those same type of folks in this crowd. @gobluejd is doing what he needs/wants to get the truck he wants when he wants, case closed.

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
If everyone is honest here (which I extremely doubt is the case), even if they pay ADM I'm sure their ego and pride will have them gallivanting all over this forum telling us how they paid MSRP but actually paid an ADM, but I digress. Nothing against y'all but some of these dealerships are run by some sketchy folks and I'm sure there are a few of those same type of folks in this crowd. @gobluejd is doing what he needs/wants to get the truck he wants when he wants, case closed.
So right, I think some around here are more sketchy than the dealers. LOL.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill be fairly honest (employee at dealer or not) i was locked into 500$ over MSRP. period. if its a penny more ill walk and hopefully pick one up elsewhere. Even if i have to pay a max of 5000$ ADM. Only reason I would fathom that over my own dealer is that I was told 500$, IF that number changes i consider that unfair being employee, and i would gladly pay 5000$ to another dealer that was at least honest with me and what they said is what they did. Call me crazy, make jokes ect. But thats how I look at it.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So right, I think some around here are more sketchy than the dealers. LOL.
For sure, I had one sketchy dealer so I made a verbal deal with them, they wouldn't sign anything with me, and then called around and got a second 37 package allocation at a different dealer. When I told the second dealer that I already had one reserved at MSRP they countered and did paperwork that shows $1k under MSRP, they just said to secure that deal it would be $1k non refundable deposit. I jumped at the offer and signed on the dotted line.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Eh. I would imagine many people are getting MSRP, but losing value on trade in, or overpaying for extended warranty and/or accessories. Then there are those that have a relationship with a dealer that's getting them the comparatively good deal. I don't think many are outright lying about the cost they get, as you can easily just avoid conversations of cost entirely.

DrastikRaptor

Reaction score
Anyone know of any dealers selling at invoice?

MSRP is nice but TRX's are the same price now as a new Gen 3. Im willing to wait until 2022 to get it.

Deciding between Raptor or TRX. TRX forums have a couple of dealers that are selling them at invoice now, but really like the Gen 3 Raptor better.

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole thing is crazy… it’s all about a supply/demand economy… my 37 is a few weeks away, I’m getting my 21 XLT serviced for the first time Saturday and the GM offers me $5000 to walk away and not take the truck…. He said he sold every allocation (5) to existing customers at MSRP because it’s the right thing to do…. BUT, he says there are dealers going $20-25k on the ADM … freaking insane …..

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whole thing is insanity right now. I never should have sold my Gen 2 but did, too early. Have a silver one at MSRP on order plus a VB 37" at $5k ADM, no deposit. I have an code orange one with my name on it too. So yeah i have 3 on order, only one with a non refundable deposit. I'll take whatever one is here first and then trade it if i like the next one better. It's all a huge game right now and i just want a truck.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whole thing is insanity right now. I never should have sold my Gen 2 but did, too early. Have a silver one at MSRP on order plus a VB 37" at $5k ADM, no deposit. I have an code orange one with my name on it too. So yeah i have 3 on order, only one with a non refundable deposit. I'll take whatever one is here first and then trade it if i like the next one better. It's all a huge game right now and i just want a truck.

Man, those dealers that have to deal with you backing out. Maybe it is an opportunity to gouge someone else, but if I ask for a personal favor for MSRP, you know I am not backing out after that dealer agrees to something reasonable.