Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do you, you happy, that is all that matters, not my money.

Of course if I had purchased 10 vehicles from said dealer, I would have said, how much have you made on teh 10 vehicles I purchased? Is it worth losing a customer like me for a one time ADM?

Oh, and all dealers can EABOD.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL - Ok. I am fine with the deal and not gullible. The deal was a probable $5k ADM, in which is less. I am fine with it.
I'm happy you are fine with it (in the end, thats all that matters).

I did get my "MSRP" in writing and I know I would walk away (or file suit) if they swept the rug out from under me.. I think I'm just mad FOR you as I can't imagine the feelings you had at that point. Crazy times where you've gone to the dealership 10years and they treat you that way.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you guys been watching the G63 market? It’s nuts right now since they announce no 22’s. Trying to procure one for my customer. Ended up paying 65 over for a demo with 6500 miles on it. Best offer I could find him for the spec he wanted! I even sold my GTS for 20k more than i paid for it.
Point is 5-10k over for a raptor I would consider not too bad. It all comes down to how bad do you want one

RogueAdvisor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. I was paying in full as of today, but I am doing a Hybrid version. I have a IRA my mom left me that I have to take out of every year (mandatory). I have $70k saved. Instead of dipping into the IRA I am taking a 3 yr loan out for the final $20k at 2.1% and taking out $7000 each year to make the payment. My financial advisor suggested this in lieu of paying off For several tax reasons. It’s only $575 a month and paying about $800 in interest. So I will do this for 2 years and then pay off before the 3rd year.
As a financial advisor, I approve of this strategy. Your guy advised you well, my friend.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you guys been watching the G63 market? It’s nuts right now since they announce no 22’s. Trying to procure one for my customer. Ended up paying 65 over for a demo with 6500 miles on it. Best offer I could find him for the spec he wanted! I even sold my GTS for 20k more than i paid for it.
Point is 5-10k over for a raptor I would consider not too bad. It all comes down to how bad do you want one
Good googley moogley…that’s a tough pill to swallow! 65k…dizaaaaam! He wanted that sucker bad!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

If the Raptor came with Lincoln like valet service, including a loaner maybe and that’s a BIG maybe because I’d expect that factored into the MSRP.

But it doesn’t. It comes with the same service policies as a base Ford Focus, and the same stealership experience.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for a dealer with allocation outside of CA that are "honest" and "reasonable"? Located in CA and everyone wants $20k over ... I know some dealers are quoting $5k over, but a lot of vehicles are already "reserved". Looking for a Lead Foot...

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of principle alone, I’d walk away. Call Chris Volk at Klaben Ford in Kent, Ohio. Although not 37”, I got an MSRP allocation. (BTW I bought my 2019 Raptor from Chris).
Can I give him a call and offer $1,000 over MSRP for your truck???