Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lucky on the no ADM front. My brother-in-law works for a dealership and was able to get me on the Ford D-plan (family plan). I'm paying just shy of 9k under MSRP. Thanking my lucky stars on this one. Also he's gonna be getting free drinks for years lol
Whoa wait whattttt! Freeze! D plan for a raptor? I work at the dealership and I was told dozens of times Dplan doesn't work on the raptors or Shelby's! Please explain this as my heart has skipped a few beats and am hoping I don't have to do some @$$ chewing tomorrow:biggun:

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa wait whattttt! Freeze! D plan for a raptor? I work at the dealership and I was told dozens of times Dplan doesn't work on the raptors or Shelby's! Please explain this as my heart has skipped a few beats and am hoping I don't have to do some @$$ chewing tomorrow:biggun:
As far as I know, there is no D plan or X plan for that matter available on Raptors. Same on all Ford Performance products. This was discussed at length on Gen 1 and 2. I have not heard of that policy changing.

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
As far as I know, there is no D plan or X plan for that matter available on Raptors. Same on all Ford Performance products. This was discussed at length on Gen 1 and 2. I have not heard of that policy changing.
Honestly I know jackshit about what is and is not allowed so I'll defer to whatever you and @tooldrmr2009 have been told. I only know that the pricing sent to me reflects that of a D-plan vehicle. It was blessed off on by the dealership's Ford sales manager. I won't disclose the dealership as I ain't no snitch and I don't want someone getting in trouble.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I know jackshit about what is and is not allowed so I'll defer to whatever you and @tooldrmr2009 have been told. I only know that the pricing sent to me reflects that of a D-plan vehicle. It was blessed off on by the dealership's Ford sales manager. I won't disclose the dealership as I ain't no snitch and I don't want someone getting in trouble.
I hope you get a great deal no matter what.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same I hope you get a good deal and no worry I wouldn't snitch if I was you either I totally get it. Just was about to flip lol. But yeah I know there's not d plan even though there not svt anymore now they're ford performance and technically it's the same which sucks but oh well I'm not supposedly paying much over sticker so I'm happy if that holds true. Either way we're all gonna enjoy our trucks so we all should be happy. Long as we're not paying thousands over!

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
Thanks man, honestly it is my first new vehicle in quite some time so I'm happy to take the deal when offered. I hope everyone gets the vehicle they want for this money, ADM or not this is a lot of cash to drop on a vehicle.
Same I hope you get a good deal and no worry I wouldn't snitch if I was you either I totally get it. Just was about to flip lol. But yeah I know there's not d plan even though there not svt anymore now they're ford performance and technically it's the same which sucks but oh well I'm not supposedly paying much over sticker so I'm happy if that holds true. Either way we're all gonna enjoy our trucks so we all should be happy. Long as we're not paying thousands over!
I totally understand where you're coming from being on the inside and knowing what the policy is vs what might happen on the outside. I'm honestly assuming that the pricing I got is due to the fact that my brother-in-law is the best seller they have at the dealership by a long shot. This guy is so good he'd be able to sell contraceptives to nuns in bulk.

haoleboi808

Reaction score
I live in hawaii and the dealer nearest me is a known con man. I didn’t even try knowing the stories. Went through the dealer my dad has now bought 2 trucks from. After the order was placed they came back and told us Ford is suggesting at 10k markup… we told him that was never mentioned until now. We have 2 trucks on order and you want to mark it up 10k fine we will cancel both orders and go elsewhere. The owner called us back an hour later and they cut it in half. 5k ADM hurt as I’ve been planning and saving for this for years but I went ahead anyways as it’s been my dream truck forever. That being said the dealer has taken care of him, changed rims out he didn’t like, weather tech mats etc…. The 5k is worth it because I maybe the first and only for awhile…..

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These stories of the dealer jacking the price up after the truck is already ordered and a price previously agreed upon is tough to read. At no point would i still purchase the truck after that on principle alone. Unfortunately, when dealers find people to pay ADMs, it gives other dealers the idea that they should do it too. MSRP is as high as I'm willing to go. I'll go without until the prices come down or i find a dealer willing to work with me. Just my two cents.