Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Raptor came with Lincoln like valet service, including a loaner maybe and that’s a BIG maybe because I’d expect that factored into the MSRP.

But it doesn’t. It comes with the same service policies as a base Ford Focus, and the same stealership experience.
Yes, I always found it odd that a ford dealership wouldn't at least give you an option to buy-up to a valet service. Each time we buy a LandRover vehicle we remind ourselves that part of the cost is the EXCELLENT valet service that brings a loaner and takes your car. It makes services so easy and saves so much time.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, honestly it is my first new vehicle in quite some time so I'm happy to take the deal when offered. I hope everyone gets the vehicle they want for this money, ADM or not this is a lot of cash to drop on a vehicle.

I totally understand where you're coming from being on the inside and knowing what the policy is vs what might happen on the outside. I'm honestly assuming that the pricing I got is due to the fact that my brother-in-law is the best seller they have at the dealership by a long shot. This guy is so good he'd be able to sell contraceptives to nuns in bulk.
@tooldrmr2009 is correct Raptor is unable to benefit from ANY pricing plan, I have access to A-Plan, Ford will not approve any of the plans for any of the Ford Performance vehicles. If the dealer is selling to you at -9k from MSRP then they are losing money as that is far less than even invoice pricing.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I hate the whole ADM situation, I was told up front that there may be an ADM depending on what the market is like when my Raptor arrives. At least they were forthcoming and gave me a heads up. I don't plan on paying anything over $5k ADM. Not happy with the situation but I understand economics as well as supply and demand very well. I do have an arsenal of rebuttals if they come to me with an ADM over $5k. I was also the first customer in-line for their only 37 allocation.

Last edited:

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These stories of the dealer jacking the price up after the truck is already ordered and a price previously agreed upon is tough to read. At no point would i still purchase the truck after that on principle alone. Unfortunately, when dealers find people to pay ADMs, it gives other dealers the idea that they should do it too. MSRP is as high as I'm willing to go. I'll go without until the prices come down or i find a dealer willing to work with me. Just my two cents.
Agreed

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope no one has to pay ADM, I know if my dealer tries to change our terms i will be walking away. But I also have it in writing. My two pics are part of the same PDF. I'm sure they could still try to F*ck me, but I feel pretty good.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 43

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in hawaii and the dealer nearest me is a known con man. I didn’t even try knowing the stories. Went through the dealer my dad has now bought 2 trucks from. After the order was placed they came back and told us Ford is suggesting at 10k markup… we told him that was never mentioned until now. We have 2 trucks on order and you want to mark it up 10k fine we will cancel both orders and go elsewhere. The owner called us back an hour later and they cut it in half. 5k ADM hurt as I’ve been planning and saving for this for years but I went ahead anyways as it’s been my dream truck forever. That being said the dealer has taken care of him, changed rims out he didn’t like, weather tech mats etc…. The 5k is worth it because I maybe the first and only for awhile…..

As much as I hate the whole ADM situation, I was told up front that there may be an AMD depending on what the market is like when my Raptor arrives. At least they were forthcoming and gave me a heads up. I don't plan on paying anything over $5k ADM. Not happy with the situation but I understand economics as well as supply and demand very well. I do have an arsenal of rebuttals if they come to me with an ADM over $5k. I was also the first customer in-line for their only 37 allocation.
5K tip for purchasing…I’ll pass. If it went towards something tangible say like an ESP and other Raptor goodies then yes. Even still you’d have a little bit of change in your pockets. Thankfully, I have other vehicles to get around in but I won’t leave a fat tip like that.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5K tip for purchasing…I’ll pass. If it went towards something tangible say like an ESP and other Raptor goodies then yes. Even still you’d have a little bit of change in your pockets. Thankfully, I have other vehicles to get around in but I won’t leave a fat tip like that.
Exactly. Unnecessary gratuity.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each is own, I'm fine with my situation but I appreciate your opinion because we all know about opinions.....LOL