Can the stock motor support a supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also like the fact that the 1st gen raptor sits on a full frame unlike the latest generation Raptors using the SUV unibody spot weld sardine can concept. Anything to save money
Are you high lol? The Gen 1 Raptor frame is the weakest; it’s just a regular F-150 frame. Ford added reinforcements on 2013+ models because owners were bending frames from mild jumps.

The Gen 2 and 3 sit on a fully boxed, hydroformed, high strength steel frame that is unique to Raptor only. There is no “unibody” spot welds, you’re very misinformed.

@smurfslayer @TwizzleStix

Can we archive this amazing quote under “things Gen 1 owners say”?

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word of advice, move away from SF asap. Cali is a dumpster fire
While I agree with you, I gain way too much financially to leave. Hell I'm buying a house here soon, but up in the hills away from the dumpster fire.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@New recaros Be easy on my 330K 250 She don't need any of that stuff yet. well Maybe a wire in the side support of the drivers seat.
And what the hell are you doing to your Door seals. .LOL
I am saying in the next 12 years or 200k miles, there are some major expenses coming. Or you just hammer through, which I doubt it would make it, and sell it for way less because the wheels will be wobbling, seating on springs and be sagging like mrs claus t i t s. Just more cost than considered in your economic analysis.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
How are the prices of a 94-97 OBS crew cab, long bed, 7.3 doing these days? They are still $15k and up around me that aren't trashed.

There will always be a following for any vehicle made. Otherwise Yugo would have been wiped off the planet years ago.

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also like the fact that the 1st gen raptor sits on a full frame unlike the latest generation Raptors using the SUV unibody spot weld sardine can concept. Anything to save money

All 3 gens are body on frame.
They went to an aluminum body in 2015 which is what you might be referring to?
Also ironically, the gen 1's had a frame bending stereotype to them. Bump kits beef up the back end though.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are the prices of a 94-97 OBS crew cab, long bed, 7.3 doing these days? They are still $15k and up around me that aren't trashed.

There will always be a following for any vehicle made. Otherwise Yugo would have been wiped off the planet years ago.
Ugly chicks need lovin too, but covering it up with makeup and clothes won’t work for 12 years.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess things might be different for you. I have Never been to a service department (exception recall or SB) I fix everything my self. Warrantee ...don't care. Although I've never owned anything under warranty. Lived this way my entire life. ain't killed me yet. Actually I don't know how people can afford to take their car to someone to be worked on .The concept is completely foreign to me.
To me the object is " drive them till the wheels fall off"

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess things might be different for you. I have Never been to a service department (exception recall or SB) I fix everything my self. Warrantee ...don't care. Although I've never owned anything under warranty. Lived this way my entire life. ain't killed me yet. Actually I don't know how people can afford to take their car to someone to be worked on .The concept is completely foreign to me.
To me the object is " drive them till the wheels fall off"
In your case, shouldn’t it be, rebuild them until the wheels won’t stay on?