Best way to Carry two 12' kayaks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always used my 16' enclosed trailer to transport kayaks. Slight overkill. I'm now using the trailer as a storage shed so need something to carry kayaks. They are 12' long and not light. Have the diamondback cover so don't know if I can put it on there. Thinking something on roof. Any thoughts? ty.

Jenner1

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing a Yakima overhaul hd and 2 sets of Malone sea wing cradles, probably the best setup I could find. The nice thing about the overhaul hd is that it locks into feet that you mount to the box rails and can be taken off the truck in less than 5 minutes. Trucks currently in getting Armorthane and full ppf but when I get the truck back I will post up some pics.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ended up purchasing a Yakima overhaul hd and 2 sets of Malone sea wing cradles, probably the best setup I could find. The nice thing about the overhaul hd is that it locks into feet that you mount to the box rails and can be taken off the truck in less than 5 minutes. Trucks currently in getting Armorthane and full ppf but when I get the truck back I will post up some pics.
Ty. Appreciate pics.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Track Rack. Rails can stay on (took mine off after summer each year on my Get 1). The actual rack is easy on and easy off. Not cheap but worked with my Roll X tonneau cover. Not sure it will work with your cover. I carried 4 surf boards and two 10 foot stand up paddle surf boards on mine no problem.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Yakima outpost HD. Not ideal for large kayaks but would work for shorter ones. I mainly use it for the cargo basket for camping gear and coolers and mount my awning for tailgating and hunting trips. This is below the cab. The overhaul extends above the roof for longer boats. I wanted the taller version but it wouldnt fit in my garage with the cargo basket.

Attachments

• FF81CCEF-D6DD-42F0-8B95-6994EE90124C.jpeg
    FF81CCEF-D6DD-42F0-8B95-6994EE90124C.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 33