Axle problem on 2017 Raptors (news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strong evidence of a bumper shortage, however.
<lol>
I'll call on Friday to get my weekly status update. As of last Friday, I was scheduled for a 31 October build date, no delivery ETA as of that time. Figure one phone call per week is enough to stay on top of things.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<lol>
I'll call on Friday to get my weekly status update. As of last Friday, I was scheduled for a 31 October build date, no delivery ETA as of that time. Figure one phone call per week is enough to stay on top of things.
Ok, couldn't wait until Friday to get my update. Called Ford Performance and learned that my Build Date slipped from 31 October to 02 November. Could not be happier that it wasn't 2 weeks rather than 2 days, and this way, it's not being built on a Monday, when someone might be unhappy about having to be back at work and thus not paying attention to what they're doing. Now it will be a Hump Day build <lol>.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone ever actually confirm that there was a holdup?

Anyone who actually knows, shouldn't be discussing it in a public forum. Most folks are smart enough to keep their yaps shut about such things.

Beyond that it is just speculation mixed with a bit of anticipation anxiety.

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck got built today with a eta to dealer nov 12 and I asked about the axle problem she said she never heard of it

Also people kept saying carbon fiber trucks won't get built but my truck had the CF option

D

Deleted member 12951

My truck got built today with a eta to dealer nov 12 and I asked about the axle problem she said she never heard of it

Also people kept saying carbon fiber trucks won't get built but my truck had the CF option

Having ordered my 14', you will be surprised how little the dealerships actually know. And even calling Ford customer service practically knew just as little as the dealership did. I found more information about my build and issues on the line from fellow FRF members that worked for Ford via private messaging. I knew more than the dealership and even knew the day it was going to arrive before they even knew.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys the ETA you are being given is not accurate at this point. The ordering system generates an ETA based on production date and average shipping time for the unit. On a first run build like this the ETA's are NEVER correct.

We just got a Focus RS that arrived 2 months after it's initial ETA date.

Axle issue or not first run builds of a new model are held for quality control before shipping release. That can be additional days to weeks and even months in some cases.

This is one of the first new build models that I've seen in a long time that for has built retail orders first. They're normal procedure is to start the build with "stock" orders so if or when they find issues that need addressed they won't have a retail customer upset when they are waiting for an issue to be fixed.

it's interesting that people are seeing their build dates moved forward because my build date just got pushed back by 1 week exactly.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys the ETA you are being given is not accurate at this point. The ordering system generates an ETA based on production date and average shipping time for the unit. On a first run build like this the ETA's are NEVER correct.

We just got a Focus RS that arrived 2 months after it's initial ETA date.

Axle issue or not first run builds of a new model are held for quality control before shipping release. That can be additional days to weeks and even months in some cases.

This is one of the first new build models that I've seen in a long time that for has built retail orders first. They're normal procedure is to start the build with "stock" orders so if or when they find issues that need addressed they won't have a retail customer upset when they are waiting for an issue to be fixed.

it's interesting that people are seeing their build dates moved forward because my build date just got pushed back by 1 week exactly.

What was your build date?