Axle problem on 2017 Raptors (news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
THAT makes more sense. However, that's not exactly what you said the first time. Lol. Hence, my confusion. FWIW, I absolutely know how it works.

I'm glad you enjoyed the hillbilly bit. Reckon I gots me a fer sight more whur thet comed from, aight! Lol

:supergay::van::********:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
See, that makes absolutely zero dang sense to me.

"Howdy, Bubba! How's yer test Raptor a-runnin' with all them fancy one-off parts? "

"Why howdy that, Cletus! Everthang be a-workin' jist fine! We'll tell ol' Horace in production to start makin' em up with completely differ'nt parts from the ones we've been a-testin".

:lol:

You by chance didn't go by "MGD" on another forum, did you??

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You by chance didn't go by "MGD" on another forum, did you??

Hidy thar, yungun! No-sir. Hi-every, I do know the swill-guzzlin', fartin', redneck-Canuckistanian yer a-talkin' 'bout, aight. I lern't the feller this hyur High Bubba speak yer currently a-ganderin'. I'm "dewserb" on the other forum.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I guess I am not sure what that said. I will say that MGD character was a real piece of work. He came across as a mean spirited individual... glad he has not made it over here!

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2017 raptor and I had 18000 on it and I put it into 4x4 high and blew the front diff took them 5 weeks to get me parts and then when they replaced it my iwes were all ****** and now a week later my left driver axle is cracking and It doesn't like to shift out of 4x4 back to 2 wheel drive. Honestly love my truck but I'm in a love hate relationship now it's not the same truck anymore and my transmission doesn't have the low end power anymore either like 1st to 3rd gear I'm very disappointed in their service and the truck and I just drive it to work I don't do any hard off roading.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I am not sure what that said. I will say that MGD character was a real piece of work. He came across as a mean spirited individual... glad he has not made it over here!

LOL!

Sasquatch trying to diss on MGD when they are the same person!

Nice try Sasquatch (or do prefer we call you Mcnawsty or MGD now that Sasquatch name got banned)

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2017 raptor and I had 18000 on it and I put it into 4x4 high and blew the front diff took them 5 weeks to get me parts and then when they replaced it my iwes were all ****** and now a week later my left driver axle is cracking and It doesn't like to shift out of 4x4 back to 2 wheel drive. Honestly love my truck but I'm in a love hate relationship now it's not the same truck anymore and my transmission doesn't have the low end power anymore either like 1st to 3rd gear I'm very disappointed in their service and the truck and I just drive it to work I don't do any hard off roading.

Punctuation is your friend. Longest sentence in the history of the Universe.

Raptor Rookie

Reaction score
I purchased a 2017 Ford Raptor "Corporate Vehicle" from Crossroads Ford (Cary, NC) in Feb 2018. I put 5K miles on the truck over the next 8 months and then on Nov 8 took the vehicle in for a warranty repair on the rear axles. They have had my Truck for almost 4 months and still cannot tell me when it will be returned to me repaired. With parts on back order with the manufacturer, Ford refuses to view this as their problem and correct this situation. This is the most expensive production truck on the planet and they simply do not care. Four months of payments with interest, insurance, and depreciation with no truck in my garage (not to mention, instead of sitting in my garage, my $70K vehicle has been sitting out in the weather at the dealership!!!). I have never been so disappointed in customer service. At this point I am forced to seek legal council.