GEN 2 Are my leaf springs shot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickysnickers

Reaction score
Curious, if one were to just replace the rear springs with Deaver springs, just the 1" lift, would anything else need to be swapped out, and is the ride quality improved that much? This isn't intended as a thread jack, just wanting to add more info to this thread.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious, if one were to just replace the rear springs with Deaver springs, just the 1" lift, would anything else need to be swapped out, and is the ride quality improved that much? This isn't intended as a thread jack, just wanting to add more info to this thread.
Losing the block makes a difference. It gets rid of that squirrelly sideways hop when you hit a bump on a curve. That said, I haven't done mine. After four years, it leveled itself, so it's time. But I'm planning to upgrade in '25, so I'm thinking I'll let the next owner deal with springs and shocks. If I was planning to keep mine, I'd be torn between +3 and +3HD with the stock front springs. But I don't mind rake and detest sag. YMMV

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't clear, 1" lift would be the Deaver +3 springs and you would need to add bump strike plates. Now for the type of Deaver spring. You have a choice of SD or HD.

SD is around if not the same spring rate as stock. However, Deavers use more leafs for a more progressive spring. People say (I don't know, I have HDs) that they ride SMOOTHER than stock.

HD is supposed to give you an extra 450 lbs of weight capacity over OE. So of course they are a "stiffer" spring rate than stock. However, those are also thinner 11 leaf and more progressive vs. the thicker 4 leaf OE springs. So many don't notice the difference in ride. Some DO.