GEN 2 Are my leaf springs shot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nacho226

Nacho226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, those leaf springs are completely shot. Deavers are one of the best suspension upgrades you can make. No need for aftermarket bump stops. Get +2 Deavers for a level ride, you only need +3 Deavers if also raising the front or have a seriously heavy bed load. It also should not cost $1k for the install, it's a 3-hour job max.
Thanks for the input. So, I wouldn't need aftermarket bump stops? I thought the factory bump stop was the block that gets removed when installing Deavers. I'm sure theres a picture of it somewhere but does +3 and eibachs look goofy without 37s? Honestly, only reason I'm considering +3 and eibachs is because of your blue gen 2...it just looks so good!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is re-arcing leaf springs available near you? The labor would actually be higher, but you wouldn't be spending the $1600+ cost of the Deavers and it would buy you some time.

You could also do an add a leaf to help. I believe they remove the flat overload leaf, & replace it with a new thinner leaf (with much more arc), making the rear sit higher but with a lighter payload. It seems like a good option as well; I've seen them online for a little over $200 and the installation is simple.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. So, I wouldn't need aftermarket bump stops? I thought the factory bump stop was the block that gets removed when installing Deavers. I'm sure theres a picture of it somewhere but does +3 and eibachs look goofy without 37s? Honestly, only reason I'm considering +3 and eibachs is because of your blue gen 2...it just looks so good!

If you go the 37s route, then yes eibachs in front and +3 deavers. The blocks that are removed for the deaver install are the strike point for the bump stop. The bump stop is that round part that's attached to the frame directly over the leaf spring block. If you not off roading hardcore, no need for aftermarket bump stops, the new Deavers will absorb a huge amount more than the OEM leafs and no more axle hop either.

OP
OP
Nacho226

Nacho226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is re-arcing leaf springs available near you?
I have no idea but I'll take a look.
If you go the 37s route, then yes eibachs in front and +3 deavers. The blocks that are removed for the deaver install are the strike point for the bump stop. The bump stop is that round part that's attached to the frame directly over the leaf spring block. If you not off roading hardcore, no need for aftermarket bump stops, the new Deavers will absorb a huge amount more than the OEM leafs and no more axle hop either.
I saw that most people say you have to do pinch and weld mod but you only trim the fender liner. Could you give a little more insight? Not that I'll be jumping my truck, I'm just curious at this point. Also have you had any clunking or noise issues with Deavers?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea but I'll take a look.

I saw that most people say you have to do pinch and weld mod but you only trim the fender liner. Could you give a little more insight? Not that I'll be jumping my truck, I'm just curious at this point. Also have you had any clunking or noise issues with Deavers?

On the 3 Raptors that I did the Eibach/Deaver+3 and 37s swap I have only needed to do some inner fender liner trimming, no pinch welds. No noise or clunking from the Deavers.

OP
OP
Nacho226

Nacho226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the 3 Raptors that I did the Eibach/Deaver+3 and 37s swap I have only needed to do some inner fender liner trimming, no pinch welds. No noise or clunking from the Deavers.
One last thing...sorry for the bombardment. Did you powdercoat your Deavers or installed them as is? Really appreciate the help!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One last thing...sorry for the bombardment. Did you powdercoat your Deavers or installed them as is? Really appreciate the help!

No problem. They already come painted black. FYI, you should not powdercoat any parts that ever have flex to them. Over time, the powdercoating it will break off, so it's just wasted money.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is re-arcing leaf springs available near you? The labor would actually be higher, but you wouldn't be spending the $1600+ cost of the Deavers and it would buy you some time.

You could also do an add a leaf to help. I believe they remove the flat overload leaf, & replace it with a new thinner leaf (with much more arc), making the rear sit higher but with a lighter payload. It seems like a good option as well; I've seen them online for a little over $200 and the installation is simple.
That is like trying to polish a t u r d... The OEM leafs are garbage, even when new.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, like it skipped leg day.

IMG_1674.jpg