Anyone running a battery tender on their 3rd Gen? This has been my SOP with every vehicle I've ever owned.... but now i'm not so sure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
IceStationZ

IceStationZ

Reaction score
I don't have a pic handy, but there is 10mm nut/bolt on the ground cable that is pretty much right off the battery that I believe is connecting the sensor apparatus. I didn't see this until I revisited it all this morning. It's only about 1" from the negative post of the battery, and just downstream from the sensor. Perfect connection point. Thank you all for the guidance.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a battery tender on my 22 when it will be sitting for a week or more. I also used it the past two winters from around November 15 to around March or April. LOL, I know I may get roasted for this, but I drive a Jeep Cherokee in the winter, and my wife's SUV is all wheel drive. No salt exposure on my Raptor makes me happy...lol.

Anyway, there is a spot on the negative cable that is appropriate for connecting a battery tender. I'll post a pic tomorrow...if I remember...lol.
It’s ok, I don’t drive the Raptor when there is salt on the roads either. I mostly drive my Wrangler in the winter.