GEN 2 Disconnecting my battery is the best thing I’ve done to this truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CigarPundit

CigarPundit

I like wood
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference here is that when you "reboot" you are starting all over from scratch and telling it to forget your configurations. A computer is reset to it's previous state and actually uses it's last known configuration. Your Metaphor is more like reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling windows then going through and resetting all the custom settings and hoping you get it right.

That’s simply not true. All of my settings were retained, as stated above. Literally the only difference was a butter smooth tranny, better throttle response, and a much happier truck (and driver). I think you are making way too much of this. You’re just resetting the KAM. No biggie.

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 w/ 49k miles. I do not have a tune - basically running stock. My only issue is transmission related, the shifting can be jumpy and even more so in sport mode. Based on the thread, it looks like it can't hurt anything to try this.. correct?

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 w/ 49k miles. I do not have a tune - basically running stock. My only issue is transmission related, the shifting can be jumpy and even more so in sport mode. Based on the thread, it looks like it can't hurt anything to try this.. correct?
Did you do it ?

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this before my mpt tune just because. Although I was having no issues before hand.