ABS and Brake Light on module mismatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2010 SCAB 6.2L

Both ABS and Brake lights are on, hill descent error on screen.

Code C1805 PCM for ABS module mismatch20240831_195242.jpg

I've checked the coding as compared to the ford as built coding and it's the same, tried to flash it thinking maybe I would have the opportunity to add the vin to the module if they didn't do it when the module was replaced but it's not an option.

I've done the on demand ABS module test and Forscan says test successful or something like that

Bought the truck this way and was hoping it would be something simple

New third brake light installed because it was discolored and as documented in many threads that it could cause issues with the dash warning lights and hill descent etc.

ABS module was replaced by the previous owner/dealer and I think it's the wrong one. It's a Module Masters refurbished unit that doesn't have a part number on it

The pic below is the part number AL3V-2C219-AD from Forscan which does not match what I have researched and think to be the correct part numbersScreenshot_20240831_195524_Gallery.jpg

ABS Module AL3Z-2C215-A superceded by AL3Z-2C219-J
superceded by AL3Z-2C219-N

But the part number is pretty close to the manufacturing/engineering number AL3V2C219BB that the dealer parts counter suggested I use to look for a used unit.

The PCM appears correct and the vin appears coded to it properly

I'm thinking I need to find a module from a junk yard or something since the module is no longer available separately without the pump assembly, eBay is not proving fruitful with the module or module and pump assembly.

I'm not sure if Forscan can code the vin to replacement modules or not on a 2010, everything I have seen on Forscan coding is 2011 and newer

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the ABS module on our 2009 Sport trac Adrenalin.
Had to program into the ABS module the trucks Vin number.