What just happened???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hitting and holding the reset is a little tricky if you do that while idling or street driving.
Best to only reset if on highway for a trip 30+ miles.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptor has been driven a few days ago, no problem. Was going to town and "mileage to empty 153 miles to empty". By the time I got to town it said 97.
... I went 9 miles! I was planning a 30 mile trip so I put gas in and headed out. Miles were dropping @ 3 miles per actual mile. I turned around and put my foot to the floor. Ran it up to 80 and it seemed to slow use to around 2 per 1. Parked it. Took another vehicle.

When I got back, I head home, put it to the floor 3 times. Fuel use seemed normal and the mpg readout said 15 mpg.

What the he'll just happened??? I noticed the fuel Guage actually made some gas when I was parked flat. There's no flat, except in the garage.
Didn't read the whole thread. Its your Purge Valve. P/N AU5Z-9C915-B

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not likely purge valve. Starts easily, runs smoothly as usual. The only thing that's been odd is the miles to empty readout.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not likely purge valve. Starts easily, runs smoothly as usual. The only thing that's been odd is the miles to empty readout.
My truck had the exact same issues as you described. No hard starts, no weirdness. Just the miles to be empty going down by about double the actual distance traveled. Purge Valve fixed it.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth.... used the Raptor to do some heavy lifting today. Pulled a heavy duty dump trailer with 2&1/2 yds of crushed rock. Almost 200 miles and none of it flat. Nothing around here is flat...

Nothing unusual. I calculated the mileage at 10.9 mpg. Normal, guages read correctly too. Still thinking it was parked to close to a prius.