4 SALE : Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Not trying to start shit or anything, just calling it like I see it.

If I mess something up I certainly don't blame the maker if it was due to my error. Should I blame ford if my trucks stock electrical components stop working when I sprinkle water in them?

I can see if its just from rain and road water splashing up, sure there's an issue with that. But that's not the case here.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not trying to start shit or anything, just calling it like I see it.

If I mess something up I certainly don't blame the maker if it was due to my error. Should I blame ford if my trucks stock electrical components stop working when I sprinkle water in them?

I can see if its just from rain and road water splashing up, sure there's an issue with that. But that's not the case here.

Fair enough but Ford uses materiaks and processes that are not known to the "hobby builder". Sensitive areas can be sealed for and Ford does that. Take a look at the grease that they useto prevent corrosion and water ingression. Do you know what this grease is even called or what other sealing meathods or processes are employed to circumvent this type of MICAP? This is something that is easily preventable. More water splashes or at least as much will ingress into the engine bay going through high water.

Banned
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to dielectric grease? Well you yourself could have bought some and made sure they would be protected. If you're so knowledgeable, why didn't you notice it as a weak point beforehand?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of Retrofits, and installed them as well...I am not electrical expert, but I did put on dielectric grease and wrapped everything in tape...specifically where I spliced rings wires into the running lights...

I would be interested if there is some recommendations on ideas/ways to protect the components?

Banned
Reaction score
I bought a set of Retrofits, and installed them as well...I am not electrical expert, but I did put on dielectric grease and wrapped everything in tape...specifically where I spliced rings wires into the running lights...

I would be interested if there is some recommendations on ideas/ways to protect the components?

Sounds like you already have it covered to me.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you already have it covered to me.

I hope so, this was a big install for me and I don't want to be pulling them off anytime soon...KNOCK ON WOOOD...I have my stock headlights just in case...I figure as long as I keep them...

Nick, gave me some great advice. I harassed him a few times during the install...if not for him I would not have greased and wrapped them per Nick's suggestions...

Banned
Reaction score
Always a good idea to wrap up any custom electrical work.
Guess boss hoss was smart enough to realize that.

Any connections or splicing I've done has been heat shrinked and covered in plastic tubing. Long runs of wire that go along the frame got run through fuel line to protect it from rocks and mud.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always a good idea to wrap up any custom electrical work.
Guess boss hoss was smart enough to realize that.

Any connections or splicing I've done has been heat shrinked and covered in plastic tubing. Long runs of wire that go along the frame got run through fuel line to protect it from rocks and mud.

Hope you increased the gauge of the wire to account for the resistivity for the long runs!

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I did. I'm not a compete moron.
I took an electronics course for 4 years. I may not know as much as you, but I know enough to get me by. And I also know enough to cover connections so they don't get wet and short out.