2024 Dash Rattle by HUD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ifly4vamerica

Reaction score
I have a 2024 and am getting a rattle just aft of the hud opening. If I stick a microfiber towel in there it gets better but not completely gone. It also looks like a portion of the forward dash plastic is misaligned. See pics. The area where the yellow towel is is where the rattle is, to the right you can see a portion of the panel that looks misaligned..

Any body have any advice on how to remove the panel that covers the hud?

Yes I could take it to the dealer but then I don't have the truck for a week, yea a week, my dealer isn't that stellar.

I'm guessing that panel just pops off but figured I'd ask before going crazy.1000011676.jpg

OP
OP
Ifly4vamerica

Ifly4vamerica

Reaction score
In case anybody has a similar problem, the forward dash piece come up quite easily with a trim tool.

The area to the right that was popped up was a misaligned plastic clip, I was able to reach in with a 90 degree pic and pull that back into alignment so the dash sits flush now.

The rattle was because of a second plastic piece that acts as a shield around the HUD display. It is screwed to the dash piece with two screws. However the screws are about 10 inches apart and the span between the screws was slapping together apparently. I just slid a piece of double-sided tape between the two pieces and presto problem solved.

I have seen two other pictures of a 2024 with the HUD that have that raised gap so maybe just a fault with the manufacturing. Not to sure but it's an easy quick fix better than going to ford and leaving your truck. IMHO anyway.