2024 Raptor shock corrosion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTaco

Reaction score
I’ve been watching these discussions regarding the corrosion on the 2024 live valve shocks from the cheap seats. I wonder if all of the trucks sitting around waiting on quality hold were exposed to a lot of road salt…

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been watching these discussions regarding the corrosion on the 2024 live valve shocks from the cheap seats. I wonder if all of the trucks sitting around waiting on quality hold were exposed to a lot of road salt…
This looks beyond just road salt to me. My aluminum sled trailer that gets blasted with salt and grit doesn’t even look that bad.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that it matters but my dual live valves are spotless. Considering the spots appear on the plastic and sticker, could this be something other than corrosion?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I worked in aerospace manufacturing I didn't see much oxidation as we worked with pristine new alloys. However, in the gun industry I've used this product to "correct" mishaps on my own gear. I didn't see additional oxidation on 7075 or 6061 but oil was constantly on them afterward. For anyone NOT willing to go back to the dealer, here may be a solution. However use at your own risk. I DO NOT know what alloy is used in the Raptor components.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they are bare aluminum, so corrosion is unfortunately expected. Not sure if there's a way to address this with Ford or if it's anything other than cosmetic over time honestly. I'm sure @FordTechOne can advise.
My dual valves are completely void of anodizing… and of course look white/crusty like you might expect bare aluminum to look. Interesting that OP’s single valves appear anodized or at least partially. @BigTaco inquired about the salt from early 24’s sitting. Mine was built late March and shipped right away… never was any anodizing. Mine is a dual valve BTW. Definitely not a salt issue in terms of root cause although I’m sure it exacerbated the corrosion for those that sat.

1715345320636.jpeg

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s obvious that they ****** up and somehow these parts got through QC without ano. Here’s my 37 with 27 miles on it when picked up last week. I live by the ocean and these solenoids are going to crumble apart if uncoated for several years…

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpeg
    IMG_0558.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 44

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s obvious that they ****** up and somehow these parts got through QC without ano. Here’s my 37 with 27 miles on it when picked up last week. I live by the ocean and these solenoids are going to crumble apart if uncoated for several years…
@BBLV Did you try to clean them? I mean there is white buildup on top of the orange anodized part. ‍Maybe hard water buildup?