2024 cracked front dif

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What dark line? I assume you arent referring to the crack itself.. lol. The red/orange on bottom, I have no clue. Either they did that, or it came that way for some reason. It is not meant to highlight damage - I asked. Ill follow up on that tomorrow as well
Oh you’re in Houston….lol. I hope you weren’t going to Tomball ford. They are the dealer that denied me $*&% those guys.

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very similar thing happened to me. My front diff case on one of the mounts failed on a very minor “hop”. Not sure if there was actual air involved, but the dealer saw a few bits of mud under it and denied my coverage. I had 3.0 FRS on all 4 corners, so I wasn’t completely stock, but it ended up costing me 2K in parts and labor to fix. I sure as hell wasn’t going to pay 4K at the dealer. All the internals of my diff/torsen and axles were fully swapped over and fine. I even showed them what looks like a casting defect along the break….no cigar. I went a couple weeks fighting ford corporate and all the nonsense and decided to just sort it out myself. I’ve got more pictures. This was a 1.5 year old or so 2020…FYI.
I dont plan to use the dealer either if its not covered. Should be right at or under 2k for me as well doing it at an independent shop. Ill likely put in a customer service claim as some suggested, but not sure what else to do - a suit seems a bit overboard here

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont plan to use the dealer either if its not covered. Should be right at or under 2k for me as well doing it at an independent shop. Ill likely put in a customer service claim as some suggested, but not sure what else to do - a suit seems a bit overboard here
The dealer told me they'd more likely cover the internals being shredded than a busted housing when I asked what sorta differential failure would you cover? They also told me to go through insurance claiming an impact even though there was no sign of impact anywhere. 2K is about right, it sucks, but I needed my truck back and making it a multi month ordeal wasn't going to work.

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealer told me they'd more likely cover the internals being shredded than a busted housing when I asked what sorta differential failure would you cover? They also told me to go through insurance claiming an impact even though there was no sign of impact anywhere. 2K is about right, it sucks, but I needed my truck back and making it a multi month ordeal wasn't going to work.
Similar boat here again - they recommended insurance as well. Ill see how it goes/what they say when I go today or tomorrow. If they have some real logic, Ill swallow my pride and get it fixed. If its the same "we cant tell you why," Ill fight it

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Similar boat here again - they recommended insurance as well. Ill see how it goes/what they say when I go today or tomorrow. If they have some real logic, Ill swallow my pride and get it fixed. If its the same "we cant tell you why," Ill fight it
Yeah their logic seemed to be because they've never seen a failure like that it must be abuse or impact. Sure I didn't tell them I was messing around a little, but sure wasn't doing anything countless Raptor people haven't already done a million times. Ultimately, they knew it was a Raptor...they knew I was probably fooling around....and it was during covid and all the parts were backordered and they just didn't want to deal with it.