2024 cracked front dif

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with this, you seem to be quibbling...

If you hit hard enough to scuff your tow hooks then you are using your truck in a manner which is fun, but leads to breaking shit. And if you off road hard enough to break shit you pay for said shit
No, no no man not at all. Really not meaning anything like that I promise.

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with this, you seem to be quibbling...

If you hit hard enough to scuff your tow hooks then you are using your truck in a manner which is fun, but leads to breaking shit. And if you off road hard enough to break shit you pay for said shit
See my reply to him as well as his subsequent reply. It just does not make sense to me that the dif would be the only part damaged without some sort of impact to the dif unless it was defective

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See my reply to him as well as his subsequent reply. It just does not make sense to me that the dif would be the only part damaged without some sort of impact to the dif unless it was defective

Good luck to you, I'd worry the dealer can say forces are transmitted (beginning at the wheels) to the diff even if the undercarriage hasn't contacted the ground

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you, I'd worry the dealer can say forces are transmitted (beginning at the wheels) to the diff even if the undercarriage hasn't contacted the ground
Thanks and understood - my rebuttal is the dif shouldn't/wouldnt be the first sign of that. Well see how it goes. Also for what its worth the dealer seems to be mostly in agreement with me - I believe its corporate who denied it which may mean im just SOL

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was at least two large threads on the Gen 14 forums regarding front diff housings cracking apart, really seemed like a casting issue but then you occasionally see actual internal failure from some. I remember a thread here from a couple years ago where reverse in 4h blew it up.

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was at least two large threads on the Gen 14 forums regarding front diff housings cracking apart, really seemed like a casting issue but then you occasionally see actual internal failure from some. I remember a thread here from a couple years ago where reverse in 4h blew it up.
Ill try to go find those and read up to find similarities as well as outcomes. Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s not enough to say “too bad, so sad” on your 80 thousand dollar off road focused truck front differential

I’m not saying Ford has to fix it on their dime. What I am saying is, all things being equal and assuming you’ve been truthful, that’s not an answer and you should call them on it.

If you haven’t already, open a case with Ford c/s.