2024 cracked front dif

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So what is the response back on why this isn't a covered repair?

I think Danny is thinking along the same lines.
We're not doing it to chant "we told you so" but see what might have happened.
yeah, you can get questionable stuff covered if you're an influencer - like flooring it over slippery terrain, front catches and busts a front axle...

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's either torque split or landing front right split, what does "Didnt really send/hit hard" mean? You could easily land hard on the front right and not show/damage the skid plate. Not trying to place blame, just tryin' to answer the question you asked about how it could/has has happened.
In 4x4, no jumps, harsh landings, etc. Out of 4x4, minor air. No harsh landings. Maybe it was enough at just the right angle, but from past experience from previous trucks and as a passenger, I was not/have not been hard on this truck at all - no worries on placing blame, as I am genuinely trying to see if it is something I should fight or not. I had thought that there was little to no risk to the front dif outside of the use of 4x4 unless there was some sort of bottoming out etc

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is the response back on why this isn't a covered repair?

I think Danny is thinking along the same lines.
We're not doing it to chant "we told you so" but see what might have happened.
yeah, you can get questionable stuff covered if you're an influencer - like flooring it over slippery terrain, front catches and busts a front axle...
Simply "it doesnt look like a defect" but no reasoning. Also have a text along the lines of they dont know why it failed and cant explain it, which is why I came here

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No tugging anyone out, no towing trailer, etc
Weird man. Very, very unusual, not unheard of but very uncommon. To me it really looks like a torque split, maybe a soft case and the front grabs when the rear is spinning but hard to tell. HArd to deny also. With no water intrusion, no impact damage, u-joints ok, axels not bent and hubs still in operating condition, I mean the diff is the strongest part of the equation. Almost EVERYTHING else should break before it does.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's either torque split or landing front right split, what does "Didnt really send/hit hard" mean? You could easily land hard on the front right and not show/damage the skid plate. Not trying to place blame, just tryin' to answer the question you asked about how it could/has has happened.

I'm with this, you seem to be quibbling...

If you hit hard enough to scuff your tow hooks then you are using your truck in a manner which is fun, but leads to breaking shit. And if you off road hard enough to break shit you pay for said shit

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird man. Very, very unusual, not unheard of but very uncommon. To me it really looks like a torque split, maybe a soft case and the front grabs when the rear is spinning but hard to tell. HArd to deny also. With no water intrusion, no impact damage, u-joints ok, axels not bent and hubs still in operating condition, I mean the diff is the strongest part of the equation. Almost EVERYTHING else should break before it does.
I would agree, which is what pushed me to think it very may well have just been a defective differential. Otherwise I just cant make sense of it