2024 cracked front dif

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Similar boat here again - they recommended insurance as well. Ill see how it goes/what they say when I go today or tomorrow. If they have some real logic, Ill swallow my pride and get it fixed. If its the same "we cant tell you why," Ill fight it
I'd record this.
Then, I'd approach Ford Corp through a lawyer and tell them you have an audio recording of the stealership questionably trying to weasel out on a covered repair, if they're smart, they'll set the stealership straight and fire the guy recommending insurance fraud, and conduct the repair, cutting no corners.

They're trying to get you to pay because Ford won't pay them as much under warranty; or rather, they'll cover xx hours and so much money, and the stealership wants more.

It sounds very much like you're being rooked.

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd record this.
Then, I'd approach Ford Corp through a lawyer and tell them you have an audio recording of the stealership questionably trying to weasel out on a covered repair, if they're smart, they'll set the stealership straight and fire the guy recommending insurance fraud, and conduct the repair, cutting no corners.

They're trying to get you to pay because Ford won't pay them as much under warranty; or rather, they'll cover xx hours and so much money, and the stealership wants more.

It sounds very much like you're being rooked.
I don't disagree, which again is a big part of why I posted here to see what people thought. I already have a text stating "we cant dictate what happened." Again, I am assuming they may now have better reasoning as to why they're denying it, if not, I will definitely go that route

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have got to back up. You sort of jumped it at 700 miles, did some damage and now at 2500 they won’t warranty it. Thats 1800 miles after the damage. Was there any fluid in the differential and how did you not see the leaking? I would think there would be a big mess and some major floor dripping.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So unlike the rear diff, the front diff housing isn’t structural. We all know that right? So if an impact is the cause and you’re in 2wd, the only way you’d see damage to diff would require the skid plate to be bent up into it. Wheel speed suddenly changing due to to tires hooking up or finding the ground again is a thing though.

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have got to back up. You sort of jumped it at 700 miles, did some damage and now at 2500 they won’t warranty it. Thats 1800 miles after the damage. Was there any fluid in the differential and how did you not see the leaking? I would think there would be a big mess and some major floor dripping.
Correct as I was told no need to rush in, and until recently there were no real feelings or sounds that alarmed me - and that's after 30k miles across 3 gen 3's. No, Never noticed a large puddle of oil. That would've definitely alarmed me

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So unlike the rear diff, the front diff housing isn’t structural. We all know that right? So if an impact is the cause and you’re in 2wd, the only way you’d see damage to diff would require the skid plate to be bent up into it. Wheel speed suddenly changing due to to tires hooking up or finding the ground again is a thing though.
This is good to know - I did not think it was, but did not know for sure. That is why I pointed out here - as well as to the dealer - that the undamaged skid plate should be enough of a reason to warranty it. They initially tried to claim underbody damage to the skid, but after I requested pics they changed their tune to scratched tow hooks and a "dirty" skidplate that they mistook for damaged. I can attach a pic

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct as I was told no need to rush in, and until recently there were no real feelings or sounds that alarmed me - and that's after 30k miles across 3 gen 3's. No, Never noticed a large puddle of oil. That would've definitely alarmed me
So where is the fluid or was there any?

OP
OP
Zach Gen3

Zach Gen3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s another pic of the dif as well as the skid below that they initially claimed was damaged
IMG_6207.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6208.jpeg
    IMG_6208.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 7