2017 Raptor at Auto Shows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can't be any wider than the current raptor, the assembly line was maxed out on width on our current raptors, and the whole reason they can make the raptor is they don't have to tool up a special line, so basically 86" is it for width unless they make it a one off like the Ford GT.

They re-did the entire assembly line for the 2015+, including the conveyor system, so we don't really know the max width anymore. I read somewhere that over a thousand semi-trucks per week of equipment was being delivered during the retooling process.

That said, I agree with the folks above that said it's not wider than the current Raptor.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris's FX4 linked the breakdown. Thanks!

Anyone know the max width on trucks? I know the marker lights are on the front of the Raptor because the government requires them on a truck that wide. I was wondering how much wider could it really get?

Last edited:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They re-did the entire assembly line for the 2015+, including the conveyor system, so we don't really know the max width anymore. I read somewhere that over a thousand semi-trucks per week of equipment was being delivered during the retooling process.

That said, I agree with the folks above that said it's not wider than the current Raptor.

from what I remember the choke point was actually a structural part of the building, so while they did retool, they still had the constraints of the building to work within.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I remember right, the new model f150 is 1 or two inches wider than the last gen, and the new raptor is 6 inches wider than the f150 model. This would make the next gen raptor wider than the current.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I remember right, the new model f150 is 1 or two inches wider than the last gen, and the new raptor is 6 inches wider than the f150 model. This would make the next gen raptor wider than the current.
Interior cab space is 2 inches wider. Overall width excluding mirrors is .7" wider than 2014 like Raptor911 said above.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NO! Go back and read the previous page.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The interior space of the current Raptor is already very spacious. And adding 2 more inches is just crazy to imagine. I was watching a 2015 F-150 video review where a Ford engineer said the front 2 seats were pushed 1 inch towards the doors so that they could increase the space between the seats. Doing this would allow the center stack and console to increase by 2 inches in width.

Interior cab space is 2 inches wider.

Last edited: