2017 Raptor at Auto Shows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The interior space of the current Raptor is already very spacious. And adding 2 more inches is just crazy to imagine. I was watching a 2015 F-150 video review where a Ford engineer said the front 2 seats were pushed 1 inch towards the doors so that they could increase the space between the seats. Doing this would allow the center stack and console to increase by 2 inches in width.
You can definitely tell the console is bigger when you sit in one. It's huge. Lol

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can definitely tell the console is bigger when you sit in one. It's huge. Lol

Yeah, it's awesome. I'm driving a 2015 XLT this week with the column shifter, and there is storage everywhere where the gear shift and upfitter switches were.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One would think it would be tough to get any wider of a truck on a auto transport semi. If they get any wider we might have to go to the factory to pick it up.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got some up close and personal time with the new Raptor. Even as a prototype it looks realy well put together. I like the new seats, they look they provide better lateral support. The dash layout is nice, the location for the switches is better, easier to get to, and you get six of them. where they are mounted there is a removable panel that looks like it would be perfect to mount 6 more. It looks like they increased rotor size on the brakes. The rear shock setup still bugs me - they could've just increased the leaf pack to avoid axle wrap, which might have made the truck a little less plush on the road, but front/rear facing rear shocks kind of suck. Tailgate doesn't bother me in person, really like the front grill. what put me off was the hood vent. I thought our old vents were a great style element, the new cutout looks almost Camaro'ish in it's design. The new headlights & tailights look much better in person and fit well into the truck. Overall I am impressed with it - while they did let me beyond the ropes (showing a picture of your truck 6 feet in the air has some sway), they wouldn't pop the hood for me. Front suspension looks great, like the new lower arm, but it the steering rod looks like a piece of uncooked spaghetti, it will need to be replaced right away. perch looks set now. also newly designed KO2's, sort of a hybrid between an AT and an MT. there is a strange design element between the upper dash and the glove box. almost looks like you could mount an icom face plate in there without much trouble. You get rear seat heaters now which the kids will like. the light switch assembly has a dedicated fog light button now. also above it are two mirror buttons, wasn't sure about them, they could be for heaters, or to activate the pass assist, but it's weird that two separate buttons. forgot to ask what they were. Overall was very impressed, looks like a good followup to our gen 1 beasts. curious how the engine and 10 speed tranny will work in prolonged off road runs.

Pictures for you:
DSC02435_zpstiq9liwc.jpg
DSC02413_zpsvx21maqf.jpg
DSC02459_zpsp7ygcxt4.jpg
DSC02458_zpsezqo4dsq.jpg
DSC02456_zpstyoeszv8.jpg
DSC02455_zpsko7x0sds.jpg
DSC02454_zpsvpinee9c.jpg
DSC02447_zpste6qhcok.jpg
DSC02446_zpshtiahryk.jpg
DSC02443_zpsinhl7rla.jpg
DSC02440_zpskmexgzfw.jpg
DSC02438_zps9ldwm48k.jpg
DSC02434_zpskwfbhpzn.jpg
DSC02433_zpskzugca3i.jpg
DSC02432_zps45q8m8pi.jpg
DSC02429_zpswkpe7ms6.jpg
DSC02428_zpsswnziwsq.jpg
DSC02427_zpsgces8ymj.jpg
DSC02421_zpszzhtzizv.jpg
DSC02420_zpsn5wjt2pc.jpg

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good pics. Also curious to see how they routed the exhaust pipes. Looks like it'd be relatively easy to bring them out lightning style but both sides. I always wanted to do that with my truck but the gas tank is in the way

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to find a justification for the paddle shifter mod and when I saw it on the new model that pretty much cemented in my mind that it's a huge benefit when off road, having one hand on the wheel is not enough when it gets dicey.

sombra

Reaction score
Great pics! Thanks!

Not sure if it is camera flash, are those seats dark grey with white trim?

runner33

Reaction score
gonna go to the NY auto show and try to get some pics: really can't understand why its gonna be 2016 before these come out!!! Yes I understand there is lots new on this but hey this was way back when gas was topping $4 a gallon. You think they may put the 6.2L back???? its got the reliability??? I know the all wheel drive it currently being tested in the focus rally car so it can handle the horse power and torque. I juts really can't see Ford loosing out all the sales money that long. Anyone else chime in???