2017 Raptor at Auto Shows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you know, that isn't a bad idea. Here's the real issue, and it's a $$$ issue. I have three boys, and I bought them all their first vehicles (as my Dad did for me), the first two got new silverado Z71's with medium level of optioning in 2007. They each cost just under 30k with the discounts I was able to get.

My youngest, we are going Ford (obvious reasons), so I start looking at a similar equipped F150 (leather, nav, ecoboost, 4x4) and i'm already at 50k without even blinking. The Raptor sure seems like a screaming deal when compared to a platinum F150.

I still have a year to think about it, but it just seems that 50k for a mid level F150 is pretty crazy. I was hoping to be under 40k on a new truck, but for that you get cloth seats, no nav, and maybe 4x4.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are comparing a 2007 truck to a current truck (2015+). Truck these days have so much luxury & tech in them so yes it is going to cost more than 30K. But I agree, get a decent equipped truck from any manufacturer today and it's going to be 40K-50K+ easy.

And why spend 50k+ on a F150? You minds well just spend a little bit more on a Raptor just because you know resale would be so much better.

you know, that isn't a bad idea. Here's the real issue, and it's a $$$ issue. I have three boys, and I bought them all their first vehicles (as my Dad did for me), the first two got new silverado Z71's with medium level of optioning in 2007. They each cost just under 30k with the discounts I was able to get.

My youngest, we are going Ford (obvious reasons), so I start looking at a similar equipped F150 (leather, nav, ecoboost, 4x4) and i'm already at 50k without even blinking. The Raptor sure seems like a screaming deal when compared to a platinum F150.

I still have a year to think about it, but it just seems that 50k for a mid level F150 is pretty crazy. I was hoping to be under 40k on a new truck, but for that you get cloth seats, no nav, and maybe 4x4.

Last edited:

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I can hardly get a work truck (XL) from any of the big 3 for much less than 30k, it's ridiculous. :flipthebird:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

That's exactly why I bought my truck. My buddy was looking at 2014s last summer and a 2014 FX4 EcoBoost with all the options as my truck (HIDs, nav, leather, Sony, moonroof) was $50K+. With the best deal they were offering him compared to the deal I made on my truck it only cost me $4500 for the Raptor. From a resale perspective alone, the Raptor is a better value. Add in all the other benefits and well...:everything:

sombra

Reaction score
That's exactly why I bought my truck. My buddy was looking at 2014s last summer and a 2014 FX4 EcoBoost with all the options as my truck (HIDs, nav, leather, Sony, moonroof) was $50K+. With the best deal they were offering him compared to the deal I made on my truck it only cost me $4500 for the Raptor. From a resale perspective alone, the Raptor is a better value. Add in all the other benefits and well...:everything:

I agree with this 100% with regards to our Raptors.....but we don't know what the 17 Raptor will cost yet. Could be a jump in price

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with this 100% with regards to our Raptors.....but we don't know what the 17 Raptor will cost yet. Could be a jump in price

I'm thinking it'll keep in line with the Platinum like Gen 1. I doubt we'll get as many luxury options as Platinum. So when you take away Active Cruise, Front sensors, etc., it may even be a bit cheaper. But we will have to see. The new F-150 loaded already rivals a loaded F-250 in price. I don't think they can afford to go much higher or they'll turn off a lot of customers. Just my thoughts.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I seen another write-up on the 2017. It made it seem like the truck was another 7" wider then the current 2014 model.

Refreshing or Revolting: 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor

Someone somewhere else here did the comparisons because the media has been getting confused and the 2017 is pretty much the same width as the current 2014 Raptor. The 2017 is ~7" wider than the standard 2014 f150 but not 7" wider than the 2014 Raptor.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone somewhere else here did the comparisons because the media has been getting confused and the 2017 is pretty much the same width as the current 2014 Raptor. The 2017 is ~7" wider than the standard 2014 f150 but not 7" wider than the 2014 Raptor.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f251/detroit-auto-show-new-raptor-unveiling-thread-40071/index55.html#post818096

This is interesting. I was just trying to figure out the width of the 2017 Raptor and this is what I found:

- Last Gen F-150 is 79.2 inches wide >> My Source
- 2014 Raptor is 86.3 inches wide >> My Source

So as you can tell above, 86.3 - 79.2 = 7.1 inches (We were always told that the Raptor was 7 inches wider than the F-150)

- 2015 F-150 is 79.9 inches >> My source
- Ford has said that the 2017 Raptor will be 6 inches wider than the 2015 F-150 so 79.9 + 6 = 85.9 inches.

So the 2017 Raptor seems to be not as wide as the current Raptor. To be exact .4 inches narrower (86.3 - 85.9).

Please note the widths above do NOT include the side mirrors.