2017 Raptor at Auto Shows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good find. She looks like a whole other beast in black

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Really liking white, myself.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
going to see it Wednesday night in Dallas. My first world problem is I really like the truck, but don't want to sell my beast, have way too much in it and frankly, she's still new(ish).

I have about 16 months to convince the wife that I need the 2017 as a DD, and the 2012 as my weekend toy. Somehow I don't think she's going to go for it. My only saving grace is my youngest just turned 15, so maybe, if I squint real hard I can get the truck (we were planning a regular F150 for him) and steal it just enough to make me happy.

again the problem is that I don't want to drop 450 hp on a 16 YO, no matter how much I prep his driving skills.

sigh...

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait, you have 8 cars and one bike and you need your wife's permission to get car #9? LOL!

I wish I had your issues.

going to see it Wednesday night in Dallas. My first world problem is I really like the truck, but don't want to sell my beast, have way too much in it and frankly, she's still new(ish).

I have about 16 months to convince the wife that I need the 2017 as a DD, and the 2012 as my weekend toy. Somehow I don't think she's going to go for it. My only saving grace is my youngest just turned 15, so maybe, if I squint real hard I can get the truck (we were planning a regular F150 for him) and steal it just enough to make me happy.

again the problem is that I don't want to drop 450 hp on a 16 YO, no matter how much I prep his driving skills.

sigh...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

sigh...

Buy him the truck and set up MyKey; it limits him to 80mph, radio won't play without his seat belt on, stuff like that. And then just use your key when you want to go have some fun.

The easily programmable system features several options:

Persistent Ford Belt-Minder® with audio mute sounds chimes and mutes the radio to remind teens to buckle up. A message on the instrument panel is also displayed: “Buckle Up to Unmute Radio”
Volume control can limit the audio system to 44 percent of maximum output if the radio is too loud
A speed alert chime at 45, 55 and 65 mph will remind teens to slow down. Parents can also limit top speed to 80 mph
“Do Not Disturb” helps parents block incoming phone calls and hold text messages on a phone paired with Ford SYNC® when teens are behind the wheel
In addition to the typical warnings displayed when the fuel level reaches 25 and 50 miles to empty, MyKey provides an extra warning at 75 miles to remind your teen to fill up

Source: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...lion-vehicles--helps-parents-keep-teens-.html