2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another concern some have is a twin turbo in the desert abuse arena, complexity, longevity, and replacement. How much is the eco-boost to replace vs a 6.2? I know SDHQ said theirs was 18k!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
The debate is just insane and I can't quite grasp the 2017 non raptor owning fanboi perception of gen 1 owners. I obviously can't speak for all but at least for me and the majority of the opinions I've heard from gen 1 guys is the new truck passes the sniff test in almost every way with the exception of the motor. Is it okay to understand there may be some disappointment there? Every time a single negative comment is made, you guys seem to defend to the death a truck you've never seen in person. It's a cool looking truck and a lot of gen 1 guys will probably make the switch but not everything is perfect.

The Gen2 will most likely be better than the Gen1. But it will never be as good as the Gen1 just like how a Challenger Hellcat or C7 Stingray will never be as as good as a '71 Hemi or '63 Stingray L84 or later L88.

I will buy a Gen2 in 2019... I've already said this but I will never like it as much as my Gen1. I don't care if the value goes up or down on it. I'm not getting rid of it.

Gen2 fanboies are smugly defending a truck they know nothing about other than a few pictures and generic Ford talking-points and current Gen1 owners are the problem here?

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen2 will most likely be better than the Gen1. But it will never be as good as the Gen1 just like how a Challenger Hellcat or C7 Stingray will never be as as good as a '71 Hemi or '63 Stingray L84 or later L88.

I will buy a Gen2 in 2019... I've already said this but I will never like it as much as my Gen1. I don't care if the value goes up or down on it. I'm not getting rid of it.

Gen2 fanboies are smugly defending a truck they know nothing about other than a few pictures and generic Ford talking-points and current Gen1 owners are the problem here?

So here's what takes place here. Someone who's interested in the new truck makes a post. Some butthurt Gen I guy who's been posting here so long, has 'Raptor' tattooed on his ass etc post some snide ******** about the Gen II, cabin filter, cupholder stupid discounting comment. It must really suck to not like something that will most likely outperform what you have SO MUCH that your compelled to do this. I feel bad for you guys honestly, it's really sad lol.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here's what takes place here. Someone who's interested in the new truck makes a post. Some butthurt Gen I guy who's been posting here so long, has 'Raptor' tattooed on his ass etc post some snide ******** about the Gen II, cabin filter, cupholder stupid discounting comment. It must really suck to not like something that will most likely outperform what you have SO MUCH that your compelled to do this. I feel bad for you guys honestly, it's really sad lol.

Here's what really happens here: since the 2017 pics came out, we've been dealing with a stream of never ending idiots who know nothing about Raptors, who have no real interest in learning about them, who make nonsensical arguments (Forza said this, my jeep does that, Boss 302s < GT350s, etc.), who usually cannot even afford a Raptor in the first place (why else would they be driving a ************* dodge or jeep?) and who generally have **** poor manners. We deal with them by giving them shit and laughing about it.

And we also don't feel the need to write "lol" at the end of our posts.

We actually just laugh.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

You are only here to start shit with actual Raptor owners. By your own pathetic words you have to state the Gen2 "will most likely outperform" because you don't have a ******* clue how it will be in the real world.

Ford has tools like you figured out. First it was Forza stats and now its some Ford drone saying the Gen2 will blow away the old Gen1 and that is enough for you to start talking shit.

I'll take an actual Raptor owner with "Raptor" tattooed to his ass over some tool who has nothing more than talking-points getting all pissed off because we are not all excited about how great the Gen2 Raptor outperforms the Gen1 Raptor in Forza.

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's what really happens here: since the 2017 pics came out, we've been dealing with a stream of never ending idiots who know nothing about Raptors, who have no real interest in learning about them, who make nonsensical arguments (Forza said this, my jeep does that, Boss 302s < GT350s, etc.), who usually cannot even afford a Raptor in the first place (why else would they be driving a ************* dodge or jeep?) and who generally have **** poor manners. We deal with them by giving them shit and laughing about it.

And we also don't feel the need to write "lol" at the end of our posts.

We actually just laugh.

With age comes wisdom . Grasshopper

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your very identity is so wrapped up in your trucks that if someone posts anything about a gen II (which is what this section is for) you clowns take it as an attack. You guys are wound so tight LOL

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! GL in your first outing with attitude. A lot of us have contributed mightily to the Raptor community and this forum. You might want to earn a little respect first and contribute before bashing everyone and calling us all clowns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk