2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upscrazy8

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is no idiot, they are using this as an introduction to Ford Performace Raptoring and to establish and test the market, price point and what not. Then
Whammo! Bigger moter=bigger price. Can u say Special, Limited, GT, SHO, etc. My 1%.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is no idiot, they are using this as an introduction to Ford Performace Raptoring and to establish and test the market, price point and what not. Then
Whammo! Bigger moter=bigger price. Can u say Special, Limited, GT, SHO, etc. My 1%.

The Raptor is already a higher performance special version truck over the FX4 off-road sticker kit. If your future example were the case why wouldn't they have just stuck with the 6.2 and improve it with power adders from the start? Or use the Coyote and put a supercharger on it? The 5.2 FPC wouldn't work in a Raptor as it's a screamer.

The Ford GT is rumored to cost $400K and it has a 3.5 Ecoboost in it. If Ford thinks it's good enough for that car, they sure as hell think its good enough for the Raptor. It's likely going into the next GT500 as well.

Ford Performance is a name change from SVT. It's not a new division, just some restructuring and consolidation to run more efficiently, share R&D etc.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor is already a higher performance special version truck over the FX4 off-road sticker kit. If your future example were the case why wouldn't they have just stuck with the 6.2 and improve it with power adders from the start? Or use the Coyote and put a supercharger on it? The 5.2 FPC wouldn't work in a Raptor as it's a screamer.

The Ford GT is rumored to cost $400K and it has a 3.5 Ecoboost in it. If Ford thinks it's good enough for that car, they sure as hell think its good enough for the Raptor. It's likely going into the next GT500 as well.

Ford Performance is a name change from SVT. It's not a new division, just some restructuring and consolidation to run more efficiently, share R&D etc.

:specialed:

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait you can't really believe that the Raptor will have the SAME EXACT engine as the GT? that engine probably has so much high tech parts like light weight pistons etc. plus I think the Raptor sales numbers will be a little bit higher then the GT

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get with the program. It is the same exact engine. Go back and read all the press releases.

Yes, the GT with have bigger turbos and different mapping but that same engine will be detuned in the raptor with smaller turbos.

wait you can't really believe that the Raptor will have the SAME EXACT engine as the GT? that engine probably has so much high tech parts like light weight pistons etc. plus I think the Raptor sales numbers will be a little bit higher then the GT

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The debate is just insane and I can't quite grasp the 2017 non raptor owning fanboi perception of gen 1 owners. I obviously can't speak for all but at least for me and the majority of the opinions I've heard from gen 1 guys is the new truck passes the sniff test in almost every way with the exception of the motor. Is it okay to understand there may be some disappointment there? Every time a single negative comment is made, you guys seem to defend to the death a truck you've never seen in person. It's a cool looking truck and a lot of gen 1 guys will probably make the switch but not everything is perfect.

But I heard the second you hit Baja Mode, you get a Kroyer 800HP fire breathing V8 swapped out instantly. Just some of the cool technology Ford Performance brought to the table.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna get the platty retractable running boards when I get my new gen II eco boosted Raptor. Hopefully Ford has that on the option list...:pepper: