2014 Gen I vs. 2017 Gen II Suspension Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The biggest annoyance in the GEN1 IMO is when you turn off traction control, you spin the tires for more than a few seconds, it still kicks in. :supergay:

Not on the early ones. My 2010 doesn't do that.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on the early ones. My 2010 doesn't do that.

Ugh. I wish. Whats the point of the a "turn off" button if it doesn't turn it off? I will say that it seems to have less of an impact but it still limits me and I get the flashing light. I'm about to go pull the fuse but I'm sure its tied into other things.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I can't remember who it was, but someone did make a box that disabled all of it with the flip of a switch.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest annoyance in the GEN1 IMO is when you turn off traction control, you spin the tires for more than a few seconds, it still kicks in. :supergay:

TC is Off, but Ford's Stability Control...or Advance Trac is still engaged...I think that's what's annoying you there. They are two different things that have some overlapping qualities...or in your case annoyances ha ha.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TC is Off, but Ford's Stability Control...or Advance Trac is still engaged...I think that's what's annoying you there. They are two different things that have some overlapping qualities...or in your case annoyances ha ha.

Haha, very well may be. Doesn't off road mode turn those off?

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, very well may be. Doesn't off road mode turn those off?

It might, but like you, I can't remember all the combos...it's in that little sub manual we have...I definitely thought you could completely disable both though...but might need to be in 4LO to do so...

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWESOME info, thanks.

I posted in another thread that when I picked up my Gen2 the tires were grossly overinflated. 10-20 pounds over depending on the tire. I didnt notice the tire pressure when I picked it up, I watched the guy do his PDI and check pressures so assumed it was good, but on the drive home that night the ass end was all over the road. It would jump out from under me on bumps at speed. I got home and located the digital TPMS display in the cluster and was blown away with the psi of each tire.

I aired down all 4 tires to the recommended pressure. It helped a lot but it still jumped more than my Gen1 did on bumps.

I aired down to 32 psi per tire and thats where I ride at now. Some will agree with this psi, some will say Im an idiot. Rides much better.

This weekend I put my truck though its paces. I was very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might, but like you, I can't remember all the combos...it's in that little sub manual we have...I definitely thought you could completely disable both though...but might need to be in 4LO to do so...

Looks like I have to do some digging.... Sorry for the off topic rant. lol