Gen 1 suspension overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any front coilovers that don't make a bunch of noise or ride rough on road? Would it be worth going to Gen 2 shocks in the front maybe?

btkeenan

Reaction score
Big fan of the king 3.0s I got all the way around to replace the factory fox’s. Plush on the road and only makes slight noise when hitting larger potholes/dips. Also has the dials on the reservoirs that you can make them firmer or softer depending on conditions.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big fan of the king 3.0s I got all the way around to replace the factory fox’s. Plush on the road and only makes slight noise when hitting larger potholes/dips. Also has the dials on the reservoirs that you can make them firmer or softer depending on conditions.

No issues with bypass noise while driving on the road?

btkeenan

Reaction score
No issues with bypass noise while driving on the road?
Not yet in normal everyday driving. First time hearing the bypass noise I thought something was wrong. Called the shop that installed them and verified that it was normal. Any of the small stuff on the road like the lane dividers or imperfections in the road it does a good job absorbing and making little to no noise. I only hear the bypass on large potholes/bumps or when I don't slow for speed bumps. If it was clicking/squeaking constantly I would have dumped them online and likely either gone back to a new set of the OEM fox shocks or something else. Can't stand erroneous noises in the cabin.

Gorzz

Reaction score
IF you got the cash kickin, just go with the Icon Stage 4... I dig it. In the fine tuning stage now but I absolutely dig it. Added the SVC bumpers and tie-rods and waiting for the Lee Steering pump to come in. Send it!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Suspension is currently stock minus top perch, a small lift block in the rear,"

There's already one of those from the factory.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Suspension is currently stock minus top perch, a small lift block in the rear,"

There's already one of those from the factory.

Sorry, a slightly taller block than the stock one. That's not my concern at this point though because I plan to change leaf springs and potentially block back there anyways.