WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get the antenna as far away from the cab as possible
you dont need to worry about electrical interference wilson. these antennas require a ground plane to work correctly, so a roof mount would be ideal. the large area of metal up there, along with the height will provide maximum range and effectiveness. if there is metal above the base of the antenna, and its close enough, it can cause some issues, so the higher the better.

RAPTURR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cutting it close. Should have it finished today. Paint tonight or tomorrow. To late for powder coat.

Was thinking of bringing a snow machine as backup. Lead truck can run it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358171094206.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358171094206.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont need to worry about electrical interference wilson. these antennas require a ground plane to work correctly, so a roof mount would be ideal. the large area of metal up there, along with the height will provide maximum range and effectiveness. if there is metal above the base of the antenna, and its close enough, it can cause some issues, so the higher the better.

Yeah, what he said. Remember radio wave propagation is kind of like an arc, up and away, so the higher you can get the better for transmission and reception.

For guys that are HAMS and transmit at high power, it's better to get the antenna up and away from people. Figure I can transmit at 50 watts, I don't want that right in line with my head! I've seen guys with mobile rigs that can pump out 100 watts!

Long story short, roof is fine and probably one of the better spots on the truck.

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up the same antenna as Ironman and plan to mount it on the roof.

Here's my question. Has anybody tried to run the wire through the sunroof??? Is there enough gap to get the wire through without crushing it?

If you all haven't run it through the sunroof how did you run the antenna wire onto the cab?

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cutting it close. Should have it finished today. Paint tonight or tomorrow. To late for powder coat.

Was thinking of bringing a snow machine as backup. Lead truck can run it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Looks Great man!!! :rockit: