WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Most of mine I have to buy the US versions. I have some that a friend from the UK brought over for me. Can't bring those. We save them as he passed away last year. I will try to bring something decent.

So, what should I buy from the duty free store at Heathrow Airport while I'm there in a few days? Something that I probably couldn't easily buy in the states.

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well................we dodged a bullet yesterday folks! It's good to see that we're all still here, the earth continues to rotate on its axis intact, and the SnoBall is still on. Unless, of course, there's another doomsday prophecy I'm unaware of. So be it. No one is better prepared for a doomsday event than some 56 Raptors owners and their co-drivers.

Last edited:

devildevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who will be running what tires for the snowball?

My bfg's are like new still, but my passenger insists they'll suck on this adventure.

If I'm buying new tires I will most likely go to 18's and a new set of rims. Lmk what you guys think and suggest.

Ones I've looked at:
- wrangler MT/R with Kevlar
- Micky Thompson mtz
- nitto trail grapplers

I would like to use them year round and I tow a car just about every other weekend in the summer so they need to be civil for all that.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well damn this thread moves too fast...

Your second post of this thread, with the rules, still says driver... just a heads up! ;)

Thanks, I thought I had updated it. Apparently i didn't.

So, what should I buy from the duty free store at Heathrow Airport while I'm there in a few days? Something that I probably couldn't easily buy in the states.

While not Scotch, look for Penderyn. It's a nice smokey single malt whiskey from Wales, infact it's the last surviving Distillery in Wales.

Who will be running what tires for the snowball?

My bfg's are like new still, but my passenger insists they'll suck on this adventure.

If I'm buying new tires I will most likely go to 18's and a new set of rims. Lmk what you guys think and suggest.

Ones I've looked at:
- wrangler MT/R with Kevlar
- Micky Thompson mtz
- nitto trail grapplers

I would like to use them year round and I tow a car just about every other weekend in the summer so they need to be civil for all that.

I'll be running nearly new stock tires as well. Not overly worried since this is a group event there will be plenty people to assist the stuck.

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock like new tires should be fine, unless you just have money to spend. All 3 of those are fine, I'm running the Nitto trail grapplers and really like them. If you do get tires I recommend a 3ply sidewall and 8ply tread rating at a minimum.2ply sidewall and 6ply tread tires are more likely to be cut down on rocks etc. during offroading.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nearly new stock here aswell. im not worried. last year during a blizzard i went to go play, and was kinda a let down how good the tires were.... i had too much traction in 6" of snow and still comming down hard on unplowed streets.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New national springs and ICON rear springs installed this morning. I'm pretty pumped. Does anybody know if they are preset appropriately. I'm running stock BFGs with 45,000 miles. They still look good and I have already maxed my truck budget.

Team Java

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New national springs and ICON rear springs installed this morning. I'm pretty pumped. Does anybody know if they are preset appropriately. I'm running stock BFGs with 45,000 miles. They still look good and I have already maxed my truck budget.

Team Java

Java, this is what Matt (bluestv) recommended..

"A good starting point for off road will be:

Front shocks - 3

On the rear, turn valves all the way clockwise until closed, then count clicks while turning counterclockwise open... 4 clicks per full revolution.

Rear shocks:
Long compression - 12
Short compression - 16
Rebound - 20

For On-Road ride, I put the fronts at "S" and the rears I leave alone... However, if you want a softer on road ride, it's an easy adjustment on the rears, just turn them out a few more revolutions to make it super cushy."

Works well with my truck... Factory seemed a little stiff for daily driving..

-Greg

Last edited: