WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a lot of discussion between Jason & I about allowing fingermalone & the other person who bid over $900 on the ebay auction spots in the event we've decided to stand behind our word and keep the winner of the auction in the last spot. While the offer was tempting, we've already refunded money to more than 10 people who have sent registrations in after the cap was met with the same response stating we've capped it due to safety, available support for the amount of trucks we currently have. In good conscience we aren't willing to go back on our word even if it does mean more money for charity.

Mark

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

This might of been covered in the 200+ posts, but are we purchasing raffle tickets during the rally, or before hand?

during the event

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After a lot of discussion between Jason & I about allowing fingermalone & the other person who bid over $900 on the ebay auction spots in the event we've decided to stand behind our word and keep the winner of the auction in the last spot. While the offer was tempting, we've already refunded money to more than 10 people who have sent registrations in after the cap was met with the same response stating we've capped it due to safety, available support for the amount of trucks we currently have. In good conscience we aren't willing to go back on our word even if it does mean more money for charity.

Mark

Unfortunately that was a very well explained and reasonable explanation. There are so many things that go into an event like this a lot of us don't think of.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what its worth I totally support your decision to stick with the cap. It is tempting(especially with the good cause) to change your mind and say ok just 1 or 2 more. You do have to take logistics into consideration after all. My wife and I are just happy you guys put this together for all of us to enjoy. The cause is one that is near and dear to my heart also. In case I don't remember to thank you in person... thanks for putting this together.
If you want a non Raptor specific raffle donation I am sure I could come up with a couple bottles of pretty nice single malt scotch. Or, I could just bring them along and empty them at one of the hotel stops. :favorites13:

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth I totally support your decision to stick with the cap. It is tempting(especially with the good cause) to change your mind and say ok just 1 or 2 more. You do have to take logistics into consideration after all. My wife and I are just happy you guys put this together for all of us to enjoy. The cause is one that is near and dear to my heart also. In case I don't remember to thank you in person... thanks for putting this together.
If you want a non Raptor specific raffle donation I am sure I could come up with a couple bottles of pretty nice single malt scotch. Or, I could just bring them along and empty them at one of the hotel stops. :favorites13:

Seeing as I have bought most of my single malts in Scotland, I'd be happy to share a few glasses with ya!