WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First impression of the new rear ICONs and new springs combo...I don't like them. It is too easy to go fast. All Smiles

Team Java

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So whats everyone's take on tire chains?
I saw in past posts no chains on public roads... We arn't gonna be on public paved roads whole time right?

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never been in conditions with the Raptor that required tires chains. The Raptor is surprisingly capable in the snow.

-Greg

I can hear it now..."Buddy...you can stop digging, those 50 Raptors in front of us arent going anywhere...somebody told them they didnt need chains"
LOL
4771-amazing-pictures-2011-chicago-snow-storm-31-550x366.jpg

OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Needng and being able to use chains legally are two different things. The use of chains are illegal in Michigan. Bring them though if you have them as a last resort.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry GJ! When it comes to snowbusiness always trust the Canadian!
I'm thinkin worst case we find deep snow w an ice bottom. chains would paddle through to the bottom to find us some grip.
So netix you have any special chain you recommend? Saw a set that has an extra v welded into the links, gonna try and find me a set of them.

Kanakry... Illegal offroad too?

When all else fails we could do the ol rope through the spoke trick!

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry GJ! When it comes to snowbusiness always trust the Canadian!
I'm thinkin worst case we find deep snow w an ice bottom. chains would paddle through to the bottom to find us some grip.
So netix you have any special chain you recommend? Saw a set that has an extra v welded into the links, gonna try and find me a set of them.

Here is a website with tire chains that fits our stock sized tires

315-70R-17 Tire Chains

never trust a crazy Canadian!

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I use them cause its a 8km unmarked trail to my cabin and just wide enough for my truck with very steep grades, even worse creeks and shit flood the area and then get on the trail freezing into solid ice. One time i was riding trails here in deep powder next thing i know my whole truck falls in a frozen mud pool to the point i couldnt open my doors. Thanks for the tj behind me to pull me out.

Yeah once i get home ill post a website fr chains but they are canadian. Ill be buying new ones for my 37 inch tires. O ill bring my old ones for 35 inchers.

Btw its illegal here too they want people to use studded tires and not chains but when you need to get through something sketchy and you dont want to risk anything, put em on. Ive put them on in quebec val d'or coming down a mountain, good thing i did cause well the sight of crashed cars everywhere was not a good sight

Last edited: