WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news. Then you will all set to go. I plan on leaving here on Wednesday. Gonna drive straight to Toledo Ohio. Gotta pick up my co pilot. So when are you leaving. I know you posted it before. Just don't recall when. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On the 14th or 15th. I have friends at Ft. Campbell, KY(just north of Nashville,TN) and Brighton, MI. I'm probably going to figure on a day at each stop to hang out depending on what they have going on.

Saturday:
This is the day everyone has been waiting for!!!! At 0830 there will be a drivers meeting just to go over some basics and so that everyone is on the same page. At 0900 we head out towards the Norway truck trail and our scramble area. On the way will encounter snow covered roads and significant snow drifts. The Norway truck trail is an off roaders dream, the trail includes everything for open sections to granite rocks.

After the truck trail we will make our way up County roads and two track roads with the group stopping for lunch at the Up North Lodge as well as a possible stop at Da Yoopers Tourist Trap. After some more back country roads we end up on 41 ending up at the Travelodge in Houghton, MI. The Travelodge is located near quite a few bars and restaurants including the Keweenaw Brewing Co.

By the Up North Lodge's website saying they're on a groom sled trail, that place is going to be packed when we show up.

Last edited:

devildevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, on the spare mounted in the bed topic, will ratchet strapping the crap out of it work? Or even leaving it mounted underneath? I use my bed too much to have a rack and dont really feel like ordering one for one event.

Is it ok to bring 2 passengers? I will get them paid for today.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, on the spare mounted in the bed topic, will ratchet strapping the crap out of it work? Or even leaving it mounted underneath? I use my bed too much to have a rack and dont really feel like ordering one for one event.

There's a few of us going to route of using the bed bolts to mount some D ring tie downs to, then using rachet straps to hold the spare and other cargo.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
sooo... any single women?? :Hump:

Jokes,.. my truck started backfiring today and then went away half hour later hmm... gonna go get down and dirty.
Worst case bring er to the dealer tomorrow.

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The only problem with leaving it underneath is if you need it you will probably be bumper deep snow trying to dig it out from underneath.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i'm using ratchet straps. I hope I don't regret it.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
By the Up North Lodge's website saying they're on a groom sled trail, that place is going to be packed when we show up.

No worries - we have reservations! :) My boss is part owner of the Lodge so they're expecting our crazy crew to roll it. It's definitely going to be a busy weekend up here but the Lodge is coordinating our arrival and lunch already. Their max occupancy is 150 (per my boss) so they're essentially reserving the entire restaurant for our crew at this point! (There is seating by the at they'll still have for a few non-raptor owners.)

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries - we have reservations! :) My boss is part owner of the Lodge so they're expecting our crazy crew to roll it. It's definitely going to be a busy weekend up here but the Lodge is coordinating our arrival and lunch already. Their max occupancy is 150 (per my boss) so they're essentially reserving the entire restaurant for our crew at this point! (There is seating by the at they'll still have for a few non-raptor owners.)

That's awesome. I expect the butthurt to be strong with the sledders then.