Would you still buy a new 2017?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. We'll see what happens. I'm going to clean out my GT350, demos it tomorrow morning and head to the dealership with ADM. I'm going to see if they'll budge at all, since they have the truck I want. That's what the sales guy told me to do since he didn't have any luck doing it through email. I also sent about 10 requests out to various CA dealers which had a Raptor I'd consider.

This is a want, not a need, so I'll try to make a sound decision instead of being overly impulsive.

Which dealership are you working with? I bought my 18 locally in San Diego for MSRP, only dealer in pretty much the entire west coast that I could find who would do that. Only catch is that you'll have to put your order in and wait it out, they don't have any on the lot.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Roseville and all the dealers in NorCal are terrible. Future Ford buys up all the allocations in my area.

jaredstrauss

Reaction score
Get an MSRP email offer or better from an out of state dealer and get your dealer to match it. They probably want to sell before year end.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same pan. Line of thinking is they may fix it with later production dates. Not a big deal, that's what the warranty is for.

Not a big deal?

Multiple reported New trucks that leak oil off the showroom floor or after a few thousand miles, not a big deal?

I’ll never understand this way of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not a big deal?

Multiple reported New trucks that leak oil off the showroom floor or after a few thousand miles, not a big deal?

Let’s have some perspective.
First, MGD is actually sasquatch77, who used to troll the forum several times per day urging people to drill holes in the intercooler. he was finally banned and registered again within minutes as Mcnawsty, which got banned and now it’s MGD, which new sasquatch user says is actually a delinquent kid - that that anyone would be surprised by this. The point is, don’t believe trolls

2nd: how many users have reported the issue vs registered users? The ‘net represents probably less than 10% of all Raptor users and owners. Every demographic is different, but FRF represents only a small statistical sampling of owners, the ones who complain about problems you see, the ones who drive the truck without problems you either don’t hear from or concentrate not their build threads.

OP
OP
U

unixadm

Reaction score
Not a big deal?

Maybe my experiences are a bit different than yours. I don’t consider a fixable oil seepage issue a big deal. My mom’s cancer treatment is. I used to sweat the small stuff and work myself into a tizzy, but a different perspective has intervened as I’ve gotten older. This is a fun toy, not my daily. So, it’s not a big deal, to me.

If it were my daily and/or puking oil, I’d have a different opinion.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s have some perspective.

First, MGD is actually sasquatch77, who used to troll the forum several times per day urging people to drill holes in the intercooler. he was finally banned and registered again within minutes as Mcnawsty, which got banned and now it’s MGD, which new sasquatch user says is actually a delinquent kid - that that anyone would be surprised by this. The point is, don’t believe trolls

2nd: how many users have reported the issue vs registered users? The ‘net represents probably less than 10% of all Raptor users and owners. Every demographic is different, but FRF represents only a small statistical sampling of owners, the ones who complain about problems you see, the ones who drive the truck without problems you either don’t hear from or concentrate not their build threads.

Yeah I know who they are I have been on this board for a long time just don’t post as frequent as in the past.

The oil pan should not leak and imho should not be plastic. I expect more from Ford.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Maybe my experiences are a bit different than yours. I don’t consider a fixable oil seepage issue a big deal. My mom’s cancer treatment is. I used to sweat the small stuff and work myself into a tizzy, but a different perspective has intervened as I’ve gotten older. This is a fun toy, not my daily. So, it’s not a big deal, to me.

If it were my daily and/or puking oil, I’d have a different opinion.

We shouldn’t see leaking oil pans with the amount of R&D and testing that went into the gen2.

I can’t drive my grand sport or thruxton in the winter so my truck is my daily and I refuse to accept a leaking oil pan on a new truck, so should you and that’s not really a small thing.

Yes cancer and the Sick will always trump a mechanical break down of any kind but hardly something we should be comparing on a raptor forum....

Sorry for the thread jack op! Keep the GT350 and add the Raptor:)

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run along now.

And this is what a lot of the new raptor owners are like and it’s unfortunate.

Only able to defend Ford and justify there purchase, accepting clear defects. The inability to have a healthy dialog on a forum. Why do you post here? Maybe twitter is better for your opinions.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread de-railed huh?

I'm somewhat in the same boat as OP. I have an out of state order in but no build week assigned and dealer assures me they have allocation - but Im leery.

Local Ford dealer is asking the insane 10k over MSRP and he still has an avalanche '17 on the lot. I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to get him down and going with it.. I like the color and the configuration but I don't like the idea of paying sticker on a '17.