Would you still buy a new 2017?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread de-railed huh?

I'm somewhat in the same boat as OP. I have an out of state order in but no build week assigned and dealer assures me they have allocation - but Im leery.

Local Ford dealer is asking the insane 10k over MSRP and he still has an avalanche '17 on the lot. I'm trying to decide if it's worth trying to get him down and going with it.. I like the color and the configuration but I don't like the idea of paying sticker on a '17.

Oh well it happens.

I see what your saying, they want $10k adm on the 17 as well? I would try negotiating and if they won’t budge order what you want shouldn’t be to hard to find an allocation.

In my area there are one to four new raptors at the larger dealers at msrp but I’m guessing your in Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pchmotoho

Reaction score
Give Autonation Ford in Tustin a call. I bought mine there in August for MSRP.
Salesman was Sean Sunay.

Good luck.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well it happens.

I see what your saying, they want $10k adm on the 17 as well? I would try negotiating and if they won’t budge order what you want shouldn’t be to hard to find an allocation.

In my area there are one to four new raptors at the larger dealers at msrp but I’m guessing your in Cali.

New York but yeah same crap. Yes 10k over on the 17! I'm struggling with the idea of even paying MSRP on it. I do like the truck though..

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New York but yeah same crap. Yes 10k over on the 17! I'm struggling with the idea of even paying MSRP on it. I do like the truck though..

If you really like that combo negotiate in person. The beauty is if you have the time you can take a road trip and pick one up at msrp unlike our friends in Cali.

The avalanche color is nice and good luck resisting at the dealer:)

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really like that combo negotiate in person. The beauty is if you have the time you can take a road trip and pick one up at msrp unlike our friends in Cali.

The avalanche color is nice and good luck resisting at the dealer:)

I do have the time and I work for an airline so I can fly for free. I don't mind a road trip. I did sell my truck already so there is that factor, but I have a beater to use in the meantime. Will probably wait till after holiday at end of month and go make him an offer. Who knows..

OP
OP
U

unixadm

Reaction score
And this is what a lot of the new raptor owners are like and it’s unfortunate.

Only able to defend Ford and justify there purchase, accepting clear defects. The inability to have a healthy dialog on a forum. Why do you post here? Maybe twitter is better for your opinions.

I'm buying a Ford, not a Honda or Toyota. I've never had great luck with Ford to be honest, but I like the products. I'm not defending ANYONE. My daily is a 2015 Explorer Police Utility w/ the 3.5L Ecoboost, which was recently at the dealership for over three weeks for turbo issues. You know what, I drove my old 08 GLI during this time, wasn't a big deal. They fixed it all for $34, the cost of an oil change which I requested.

You said you couldn't understand why I thought a certain way. I explained and then you said that I shouldn't mention examples and you seemed adamant that I should be all huffy puffy about an oil leak. If you don't want to listen to MY opinion in MY thread, then what value will it serve in continuing to chit chat back and forth? It saves us both time, that's all.

10 years ago, I would have been saying the same things and freaking out. I've changed and am damn proud of it.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Give Autonation Ford in Tustin a call. I bought mine there in August for MSRP.
Salesman was Sean Sunay.

Good luck.

Thanks. I reached out to them.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good man!

You don’t think you will miss the GT350?!?

I for one don’t allow dealers to touch anything! Never know what kind of condition you get it back in;)

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member here. Currently looking at trading my 2017 Shelby GT350 in Lightning Blue for a 2017/18 Raptor with 802A, Sunroof, Forged Wheels, Tech Package, Carbon Package.

I have been trying to work with a local dealer here in the Sacramento area on a 2018 Magnetic SCREW Raptor, but they won't come off a $10k over ADM. Everyone I'e contacted around here has a damn ADM. Same thing I faced when I bought my GT350. I ended up buying that from Texas because it was a 50 state vehicle only. However, with the Raptor, it's not as easy to buy out of state, since most don't have CA emissions.

So I found another Ford dealership in the area with an unadvertised 2017 Raptor SCREW, 802A, Tech Package, Lightning Blue, Hood Graphics Package, Heating Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Carbon Package, Forged Wheels, Tailgate Appliqué, Tailgate Step, Bed Extender. MSRP is almost $71k. The dealers owner has it as a demo with 400 miles. I really wanted an 2018 because of the oil pan leak which seems to be popping up and the B&O audio. I was also leaning more towards Magnetic or Lead Foot. However, what do you guys think about buying a 2017 right now? If it's a demo, then it should be sold as new. They will also throw in a Line-X Pro bedlinen, since this one doesn't have the factory liner installed.

It's the only MSRP or maybe slightly sub-MSRP deal I've found in the area. The only option it has that I really don't want is the hood graphics.

I'm trying to trade out of my GT350 this month because the registration is due in early January to the tune of $650. So I'd rather make that someone else problem too. :)

Back to your OP, I started looking after Thanksgiving thinking I might find some dealer in the Mid Atlantic that wanted to deal on a 17. Only found one within 300 miles that was close to what I wanted and they were +$5k. One dealer in Richmond VA had one (wrong everything) with 1500 miles that said he would sell for sticker. :flipthebird:

Fast forward, the local dealer is now part of a large group that I bought my 12 SCREW and he said he would order for +$10k, not happening. I eventually found two small town single dealers that were willing to order for MSRP. Placed my order (magnetic screw, 802A, tech, carbon, moon, TG Applique delete, ect. $70,420) on 12/8 with no deposit (glad I moved to the sticks) It has been accepted (DORA) and have my order number but not scheduled yet due to the Christmas shutdown per Ford Performance Parts.

In short, check with the smaller dealers and see if they will order one for you. Keep the GT350....

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
U

unixadm

Reaction score
Unfortunately, even the small dealers around here seem to be caught up in ADM pricing wars. Best I've found outside of the 17 at MSRP is +$5k over MSRP on a 2018.

As for keeping the GT350, I'd love to, but that's not feasible. I can only justify having one toy. :)

I've decided going up to the dealership that has the truck at $10k over today. I told them I'll go $5k over MSRP since it's the build I want, but that's it. Take it or leave it. Told them to call me for a $2k deposit and I'll be there the next day to sign papers. I've never paid ADM in my life and I've bought over 45 vehicles.