Would you still buy a new 2017?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

unixadm

Reaction score
Are you certain the "choppiness" you felt in the steering wheel wasn't the lane keep assist alerting you? My 18 Raptor is the first vehicle I've owned with that tech and it threw me off at first also, thought I had a blown out shock with only a couple hundred miles on the car.

No, it wasn't anything like that. I hit a bump and you could feel like a knocking through the steering wheel. Didn't feel right to me but the tires could have been over inflated.

As my self induced saga continues, I may make a deal on a Magnetic with Orange Accents tomorrow. They tentatively agreed to $3k over MSRP but they are giving me $54k for trade, so it's basically the same deal as the Lightning Blue. The MSRP on it is cheaper since it doesn't have the CF, Side Graphics or Bed liner installed. It does have Hood Graphics though. 802A, Dual Moon Roof, Bed Step, Tech Package, Orange Accent, Heated Rear Seats.

If that doesn't pan out, I think I'm just gonna chill, pay my registration on the GT350 and let a few months pass by before trying this again. Or maybe I'll just go back to buying a Lariat and calling it a day.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna chill, pay my registration on the GT350 and let a few months pass by before trying this again. Or maybe I'll just go back to buying a Lariat and calling it a day.

Exactly what you should do. AMEN!!!!

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it wasn't anything like that. I hit a bump and you could feel like a knocking through the steering wheel. Didn't feel right to me but the tires could have been over inflated.

As my self induced saga continues, I may make a deal on a Magnetic with Orange Accents tomorrow. They tentatively agreed to $3k over MSRP but they are giving me $54k for trade, so it's basically the same deal as the Lightning Blue. The MSRP on it is cheaper since it doesn't have the CF, Side Graphics or Bed liner installed. It does have Hood Graphics though. 802A, Dual Moon Roof, Bed Step, Tech Package, Orange Accent, Heated Rear Seats.

If that doesn't pan out, I think I'm just gonna chill, pay my registration on the GT350 and let a few months pass by before trying this again. Or maybe I'll just go back to buying a Lariat and calling it a day.

That’s sounds like a better deal. I know I said earlier I’m not a fan of the graphics, but it’s really the side graphics I don’t like. I think the hood graphics look good on the truck. The Raptor I ordered does not have any graphics, but I think I’m going to order the hood graphics from Rappy for mine.

IMO I would not do the Lariat if you have already come this far looking at the Raptor. You will get it and be bored pretty quickly. It’s a great truck, but coming from your gt350 it will be hard to just have a basic truck. When I traded my M6 in for a 2013 Platinum F150 I got bored for the truck pretty soon. I then bought a F250 just to have something fun. I realized the F250 was just too big for downtown Houston so I bought the 2015 King Ranch. I’ve gotten bored of that so now I’ve ordered the Raptor.

OP
OP
U

unixadm

Reaction score
I had such a **** poor experience with various Ford dealerships, that I traded my GT350 today in on a Hyper Blue ZL1 Camaro. I'll buy an older beater truck.

20171229214424-b18b4488-me.jpg

Thanks for all of the advice and help. After I got misled yesterday on another deal, I just had it. 650 HP seemed to make me feel a lot better today though and I still have a V8 exhaust note! :)

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had such a **** poor experience with various Ford dealerships, that I traded my GT350 today in on a Hyper Blue ZL1 Camaro. I'll buy an older beater truck.

20171229214424-b18b4488-me.jpg

Thanks for all of the advice and help. After I got misled yesterday on another deal, I just had it. 650 HP seemed to make me feel a lot better today though and I still have a V8 exhaust note! :)

Hahaha nice!!!!!

Here’s my chevy

46b2420218dca993c412a3e2f9bf570e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I won a 2017 in a contest or lottery I'd immediately sell it and would not drive it a foot. (Increases the chances that it won't leak before it sells.)