Would You Buy a 2024 Raptor Without Sunroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zer0t

Reaction score
I bought mine and it has a sunroof, but had I ordered it I wouldn't car about the sunroof and would prefer not to pay for it. I don't find them useful and I don't ever open them.

Avalanche owner here.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
As the title states, I have a dealer that is willing to sell me a 2024 Raptor in the color I want for $5K off MSRP however it does not have a moonroof. They will sell me one with a moonroof for $4,500 off MSRP but it’s Oxford White instead of Avalanche.

Would you buy a Raptor without a sunroof to get the color you want or would you pay for the moonroof and settle on color? I’m so torn on this!
200.gif

Is that even a serious question? And not to put too sharp of a point on this personal opinion - it’s a harsh one but it’s not a personal barb:

If you’re seriously that concerned about a moonroof, then maybe the Raptor is not the right choice for you. Again I’m not saying that to insult you but if you don’t want it, I’ll bet you someone here will snatch that truck right up because Raptors without moon roof are as rare as hens teeth. Like literally a few hundred out of 5-7 thousand trucks. In the Jen Too era, they still had 800a trucks without all the bells and whistles. A few of those were made in ’17 - ’18 at least. I forget when they dropped the 800a. Basically, you have to special order a no moonroof truck and it’s typically an order that was backed out of.

I know some people on here love them, but they’re heavy, take up space in the cab, and prone to breakage. I’m not saying weak or fragile any more after the dude jumped his Jen Too 150 feet, flat landed it and his moonroof still worked. But, if you don’t maintain it the glass will stick, break the tracks and if you’re lucky it busts while opening and goes back to the closed position.

If you want the Raptor to be cool and you have to have the moonroof, then do some FRF in need a solid and post the stealership info and find the truck you want.

Good luck whatever your choice.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Now me personally..

I shoot out of my sunroof when I am feeling frisky on the ranch, so I need mine.
Video. Or it never happened.
It’s just easier to have a passenger shoot from the bed. If you have a bed rack, you can secure a pedestal mount.
Unless you're left handed, shooting out the drivers side window is awkward. :)
plenty of deceased would be carjackers would disagree, if they were alive to do so...

rp2024

Reaction score
I would go with your preferred color. The main reason I went from a 2023 to a 2024 was because while I liked the OW white I really wanted a gray color which was not available on the 2023.