Would You Buy a 2024 Raptor Without Sunroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hagdio72

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Platinum that I plan on upgrading to a 2024/2025 Raptor within the next 6 - 8 months. My 2018 has the moonroof and it creaks and rattles and drives me insane every single day. I will order my Raptor WITHOUT the moonroof. I never use it, ever. It's just extra weight on the top making the truck more top heavy, another failure point, sketchy to have all that glass in the event of a roll over, it's another piece of glass that I needed to put ceramic tint on because let in so much heat (more $$$).

No moonroof for me.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine with it, but its been mostly problems. Good news is no scratches from off roading on the glass you'd have on paint but I woudlnt order it that way again. I used to use it all the time, but i keep the shade closed mostly now anyway. The sun can just be too much, althought it feels nice and open when the shade is open. Thats a nice feeling, but not enough to deal with all the issues again. Half my warranty claims have been sunroof related.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the gen 3s 3.0-3.6 or whatever gen we are up to now have the same level of rattling as the gen 2s. If I had to wager, 95% of gen 3s have the moonroof but you won't find much love on this forum for them. Its very situational and environment dependent IMO. If you've enjoyed them in the past and used them, get it. If you never use it, or don't even want to try save the cash.

In Houston its basically useless 6 months out of the year, but I wanted the tailgate so I've got the moonroof. Its also kinda a neat spot to suction cup a camera if you're into that sorta thing.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never personally seen a Raptor on a lot without a moon roof, but I'd 100% prefer mine without it as others have said.
Yeah everything around me ordered by dealers 80-100% fully loaded. Only option on the 2023s that might be hit and miss is the pro-power. I remember looking for my 2020, I didn't run into or see a single truck without a moonroof or SCAB for that matter.